820 with Amber, Other Storage 3,5GB

SmoothOp

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have updated few days ago to Amber but my other storage is 3,5GB, and I don't have any solution to this problem. I have unistalled all games, apps, tried to delete all mails, syncs to social networks, still no solution. Tried that app "Shrink storage", and I'm still at 3,5GB of other.

Any suggestions?

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have updated few days ago to Amber but my other storage is 3,5GB, and I don't have any solution to this problem. I have unistalled all games, apps, tried to delete all mails, syncs to social networks, still no solution. Tried that app "Shrink storage", and I'm still at 3,5GB of other.

Any suggestions?

Check if your images are being backed up to sky drive, if they are then disable it cause a copy of the image will be transferred in the other storage. In Settings>StorageCheck clear the temporary files as well.

KANDUKURI SIVARAM

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Firstly turn auto update for images off and then change the date to 2-3 months ahead nd restart. U will be relieved i think. After that again set back the date to normal and restart.

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
You don't have any other option other than reset. I have a lumia 820 with other storage at 3.5 gb. Even after updating to amber it didn't decrease. So, I did a reset and installed all the apps(around 110 apps) I had previously. Now my other is at 1.2gb and free space at 2.4gb. Previously I had only 200mb free space.

SmoothOp

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You don't have any other option other than reset. I have a lumia 820 with other storage at 3.5 gb. Even after updating to amber it didn't decrease. So, I did a reset and installed all the apps(around 110 apps) I had previously. Now my other is at 1.2gb and free space at 2.4gb. Previously I had only 200mb free space.

What about paid apps? Can I reinstall them?

KANDUKURI SIVARAM

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
May be soft reset is the only way you have then. Have you turned of auto update and deleted browser cache. I download lot of stuff from ucbrowser the cache goes high i just reinstall it and it saves around 700mb at times. So it may be any app like that. The paid apps can be reinstalled if you use the same account.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I still don't know how to use purchase history on windowsphone.com.. :|

first of all go to settings, find my phone and enable send apps to my phone using SMS.

Then whilst connected to wifi, go to the wondowsphone page, specifically your purchase history and click install beside the apps you want to install.

You will see in your app list ob the phone apps will start to install :) its cool.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro