01-04-2016 12:56 PM
54 123
tools
    Are you still facing the flickering issue after NCC replaced screen. because i bought lumia 920 from online, its flickering in worst case.

please see the below snapshots link which i faced so far.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2188648
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20131023_009.jpg   wp_20131023_010.jpg   wp_20131023_014.jpg   wp_20131023_015.jpg   wp_20131023_026.jpg  

wp_20131023_029.jpg  
    10-24-2013 06:09 AM
    Hi, I'm also facing the same issue but my screen flickers only when the Glance screen is on & it's charging (or Fully Charged). It was flickering very often before the GDR update but after only flickers in above scenarios. Also I Noticed one thing that whenever i play a game or skype call is made i can see a blue line appearing after 5-10 mins which is not captured in the screenshots (i tried) & after exiting the app or game it disappears in some time. I can see the screen staying there in blue line for a second or two when I scroll upwards or down..
    Please suggest.
    10-24-2013 09:20 AM
    It happens sometimes on lock screen.. Sometimes.. Never seen in home screen or in app..

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-24-2013 10:41 AM
    Hi all,
    Am new to this thread. Yeah i've also encountered this problem for the last few days with my lumia 920. After read a solution provided in the another wpcentral thread, it seems ok now. Just turn off the auto brightness and check it. Hope it will solve. Mine doing well now. Expecting reply from u guys.
    10-27-2013 12:43 AM
    My 920 has always had screen flicker in the games app, and quite often the lock screen.
    Was thinking of sending away to NCC to get this and the dust in the front camera fixed, but
    don't know if it is worth doing so - I would be pretty unhappy if it came back still doing it......
    10-28-2013 05:21 AM
    My 920 has always had screen flicker in the games app, and quite often the lock screen.
    Was thinking of sending away to NCC to get this and the dust in the front camera fixed, but
    don't know if it is worth doing so - I would be pretty unhappy if it came back still doing it......
    yeah it's a known issue for both the flickering screen and dust in FFC, they'll change the entire LCD + the glass.
    10-28-2013 05:27 AM
    I even had this issue on my nokia lumia 920.. i had given my phone for replacing n they said it will arrive in 2 days.. its a week past now.. will go to check tomorrow.. mine used to flicker on the glance screen.. it goes to max brightness n blinks.. n during day time.. i just cant use my phone i get headache wile using it..
    12-06-2013 10:30 AM
    Same issue here... It happens every time when the phone is locked and then unlocked...
    01-04-2014 05:35 PM
    I had the same issue on my 920. and I had a deep search on it and I found that "double tap to wake" was causing it. so I followed these step:
    first turn off double tap to wake, then lock screen and keep it so for 5 mins.
    after 5 mins open screen lock and switch off your phone for 5 mins. after 5 mins switch on your phone and flickering issue will be gone :)
    Sam Wong and rotkod like this.
    01-05-2014 04:40 AM
    Hi there...

any progress about this issue yet?
    mine got it since day one.
    had replaced with a new unit from the shop and now i am using the third replacement but the problem still there (flickering on glance screen).

what should i do?
    tx.
    01-28-2014 01:10 AM
    the reasons for display flickering are:

1. while making or answering a call , the screen will turn black as your ear will be obstacle to proximity sensor. if there is a problem in your mobile with the interface between the proximity sensor and display panel then your display will flicker.
    2. If you keep the mobile in your pocket, bag ..etc., there will be no light on to the proximity sensor, again it will start flickering the screen. to check this you keep ur mobile for some time on a table facing the screen toward the table floor you can notice the screen flickering.

most of the time when i am using the mobile at home it will not flicker. because at home i surf internet n play games and i will charge the mobile in normal position(screen facing up)
    my lumina 920 screen flickers only: when i am in a call , or after taking my mobile from pocket or bag.
    my screen flickers optimum like a waves in the bucket n after some time slowly flicker disappears.

if you are facing the same problem, there is a problem in the interface b/w proximity sensor and display panel
    it is not an software problem i guess , better go for a repair or replacement
    afrimov likes this.
    01-29-2014 02:52 AM
    Hi I had the same issue while locking and unlocking the screen. I just switched off the "glance screen" option and now the flickering has stopped. I am wondering if it is because of the glance screen option. Hope it helps!
    02-03-2014 01:20 AM
    Hi,

I also have this problem.
    I bought white 920 last month, and I saw the screen was flickering like a bulb (at the corners of the phone).
    I brought it to nokia store where I bought the phone, and then I asked for the new one.
    2 days later, I got the new phone (also white 920), but the phone had exactly same problem.
    The salesman told me to brought home the first white 920 till he found another one again.
    Then, I updated to Black, but I still have the problem (okay, this is hardware problem).
    Yesterday, he called me that I can get refund my money, or buy another color.
    Today I came to the store again and I replace my white 920 with red 920.
    Sadly, the red 920 also have this problem, and then I also borrowed the salesman's 920 (also red).
    Unfortunately, his 920 also have this problem, but he said that he isn't disturbed by this problem.
    The problem can be seen easly in the blue abstract background and maple leaf background (I had use those background), and
    also in the music or games background (grey).
    The salesman use red lampions background, and he insist that only those two backgrounds that have this problem.
    But, I still can see a little flicker in the red background too (I don't know that I have good eyes or he was pretend?)
    So, I didn't want to take the red 920 too, and I asked my money back.
    He agreed, but he took all the phones ( white and red) and he said that he will tell me when I can get my money.

That is my experienced.
    Hope it can help you.
    Sorry if my english is bad.
    02-21-2014 04:22 PM
    I had the same issue on my 920. and I had a deep search on it and I found that "double tap to wake" was causing it. so I followed these step:
    first turn off double tap to wake, then lock screen and keep it so for 5 mins.
    after 5 mins open screen lock and switch off your phone for 5 mins. after 5 mins switch on your phone and flickering issue will be gone :)
    did this fix the problem temporarily or permanently.
    03-19-2014 03:38 PM
    I even got that problem.. Given it to NCC they said it will take 2 day. However it took around a month but the screen flickering is all gone..

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk
    03-21-2014 04:40 AM
    I have this problem with my new device which I got replaced with my old phone. I think heating is causing this issue because when I play games or when I am using it heavily then the flickering occurs and that too when glance screen on. Otherwise nothing. My old 920 did not had this issue.
    03-21-2014 05:35 AM
    I have the same problem just under sunlight. But I found a solution. If You select low in Brightness (turn off Automatic), the issue will be gone. I guess the screen sensor just cant act fast enough to adapt itself with heavy light
    Last edited by Elias Arazmjo; 03-23-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    rotkod likes this.
    03-23-2014 10:01 AM
    Some update on this is that my phone stopped flickering when glance screen appears even after getting hot on. Or while charging the phone.
    03-24-2014 01:00 AM
    Try to change your ROM to Itally, which is the best one.
    03-24-2014 03:41 AM
    I have been experiencing same since I had my Lumia 920. Don't know how to resolve it.
    04-16-2014 06:28 PM
    I have the same problem..., lots of people are having this problem. I wonder what causes it!?
    Did Nokia service fix your phone or is the flickering back?
    I have two nokia lumia 920 with same problem...
    04-21-2014 11:08 AM
    I downloaded nokia care suite and installed, I downloaded the latest version ...
    I started the installation of the instructions and installed the same ... It says that it is in offline mode and it is necessary to disconnect from online, I think the computer ...
    [XDA News] [How To] Download and flash all WP8 Nokia Lumia Stock ROM - xda-developers
    After connecting, I did calibraciju everything I could, and we were offered ...
    ALS calibration is required to have another similar device and both must be in test mode (I have L920 and L1020), both of which are in test mode and I did a calibration on the second L920.
    I do not know if I should, I turned off the light in the room and did the calibration according to another device.
    Nokia Care has requested that the devices are next to each other in order to give it more like reading ...
    I do not know if I was able to do anything to improve ... I'll just see ... Sorry for my english (google translate... )
    04-21-2014 02:57 PM
    05-23-2014 04:50 AM
    I am facing same issue, blue lines, were you able to fix the issue?,
    05-24-2014 02:52 AM
    I'm not shure... Work fine on low light and medium... Work's!
    Last edited by rotkod; 06-01-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    05-31-2014 03:56 PM
54 123