Is your Lumia 920 display Flickering / blinking ?

tezoo2002

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Im suffering from flickering screen issue on my lumia 920, but this was there even before amber update. To reproduce the issue , i found this way - Make a call and put your finger near proximity sensor so that screen goes off. Stay like that for 2 to 3 minutes and now take out your finger. You will see that entire screen is flickerng. But this is not the only cause for flickering screen, as i observed it coming many times in my usage. Nokia plzz respond to the question quickly. Guys tell me how many of u are also suffering from similar problem.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of a 15 minute phone call with my sister and have no flickering on my 920. I even dialed my work extension and did the trick with the finger near the sensor, again no flickering.

pranav rai

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Im suffering from flickering screen issue on my lumia 920, but this was there even before amber update. To reproduce the issue , i found this way - Make a call and put your finger near proximity sensor so that screen goes off. Stay like that for 2 to 3 minutes and now take out your finger. You will see that entire screen is flickerng. But this is not the only cause for flickering screen, as i observed it coming many times in my usage. Nokia plzz respond to the question quickly. Guys tell me how many of u are also suffering from similar problem.

I had seen this, when my phone had no amber update. the screen would flicker like a strobe lap but a a much slower rate. Further it seemed to be worse on gray colored screens and nearly invisible in blue ones.

bobmcbobman

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue since day one with my 920, I can agree with all of the signs that you are having regardless of OS version this issue persists.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue which i posted about recently. I am waiting to see if GDR2 will fix but i fear it may not. I am going to send my device for repairs as i think its the proximity sensor that is at fault.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue but it only seemed to happen when I was outside. I turned off the sunlight readability setting and I don't seem to get it anymore. Not sure if it's the solution for your issue though. Might be worth a try.

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
mine is flickering as well recently, even after amber update and hard resetS. thinking of sending it to nokia care. and yea it seems that most of the time when it happen is when im outside. turning off sunlight readability or auto brightness(while its happening) does not fix this. im guessing hardware issues.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So, just got my phone back from repairs and to my surprise its running gdr2 w/ amber. Also it has DataSense. Just now need it to sync with the myEE app to correctly and then i good. So far my screen seems like new and the phone is a bit nippier. Overall very happy at the moment.

Update, just tested and the original issue still persist. Dam, i don't want to send it off again :-(.....

Last edited:

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, just got my phone back from repairs and to my surprise its running gdr2 w/ amber. Also it has DataSense. Just now need it to sync with the myEE app to correctly and then i good. So far my screen seems like new and the phone is a bit nippier. Overall very happy at the moment.

Update, just tested and the original issue still persist. Dam, i don't want to send it off again :-(.....

did they changed the screen?

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
did they changed the screen?

I think so but maybe not as the issue still persist. I had hoped they would have changed my front panel as it has some scratches :-(. I do think they changed something inside the device though as i noticed that charging port sits less plush with the base of the device. I can now clearly see a gap between the case and the housing for the micro usb slot. An a software side, im loving gdr2/amber. Pro cam is superb and DataSense is really good. Best treat so far is that my other storage is at 1GB atm.

Also, there is no fmradio in this update. Wonder why.

UPDATE..... I found Radio, was looking in wrong place. Its part of the music&video app collection.

Last edited:

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This issue is quite exist in many LCD screens. It doesn't hurt you at any time. You can even test it in LCD TVs too, by over imposing black color. Since LCD can produce 100% white but not 100% black. AMOLED produces 100% black but not 100% white. So there will be slight flickering happens sometimes and it's normal and eventually disappears

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This issue is quite exist in many LCD screens. It doesn't hurt you at any time. You can even test it in LCD TVs too, by over imposing black color. Since LCD can produce 100% white but not 100% black. AMOLED produces 100% black but not 100% white. So there will be slight flickering happens sometimes and it's normal and eventually disappears

Glad to hear it will disappear. It really isn't an issue for me but i just wanted it checked. I don't really know what the repair team did but the LCD panel seems sharper and brighter.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have this awesome cyan line on my screen, adding to other problem of the lumia which is CRAZY cant-hold-my-phone-cuz-its-too-damn-hot heat problem. im definitely reconsidering upgarding to 1020 or other future nokia phones

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear it will disappear. It really isn't an issue for me but i just wanted it checked. I don't really know what the repair team did but the LCD panel seems sharper and brighter.

well i have bad news for you. the flickering is not normal. and mine eventually have blue lines across the screen from top to btm depending on the color and brightness of the screen. the flicker is getting worse, though it still happen randomly. your phone should not flicker at all. just sent mine to nokia care centre this morning.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
What about getting the 920 to accept a new accent color. Mine is stuck on orange whenever I restart it. I can't get it to keep a new color.

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
in india they said we dont find any flickering
so they told we will keep ur phone for 2days check ourself and let u know
i know its dumb but such is nokia care
and as a replacement they gave me x2 i mean how cheap is this
well the NCC i sent to said that i need to wait a week for the replacement screen to arrive. so im guessing they will change the screen.

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
in india they said we dont find any flickering
so they told we will keep ur phone for 2days check ourself and let u know
i know its dumb but such is nokia care
and as a replacement they gave me x2 i mean how cheap is this

they let me borrow a lumia 520 here in malaysia, i guess it depends on the ncc u sent to. pretty sure its a common issue right now, just saw my friend having the same problem as well. bought the phone around the same time 9-10 months ago. hope the replacement lcd will last longer.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb