Is your Lumia 920 display Flickering / blinking ?

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
i again visited store today they told we dont find any problem in this phone its not flickering
this is very unfair when anybody can see this y cant those employees
i told them to give it in writing that the display doesnt flicker which they refused
what should i do any idea?
they let me borrow a lumia 520 here in malaysia, i guess it depends on the ncc u sent to. pretty sure its a common issue right now, just saw my friend having the same problem as well. bought the phone around the same time 9-10 months ago. hope the replacement lcd will last longer.....

Ahmad K

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue but it only seemed to happen when I was outside. I turned off the sunlight readability setting and I don't seem to get it anymore. Not sure if it's the solution for your issue though. Might be worth a try.

i have the same !! exactly ,, i mean when i am outside .. i tried to turn the sun readability off but the problem is still there ., it happens every two hours :/

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
picked up my phone today, turns out it was ready last friday. they changed the whole screen(including the digitizer). hope it will last longer.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
picked up my phone today, turns out it was ready last friday. they changed the whole screen(including the digitizer). hope it will last longer.

That's great news. Also you were correct, the flickering is getting worse to the point that only a restart resolves it. I am looking to send the device to ncc rather than phones4u as they didn't fixed the issue the first time nor did they state what they did.

straightaways

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue.... it happened quite frequently in the first few weeks I had the phone and then it just went away. I hadn't even thought about it until I stumbled across this thread.

gorantla06

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• WP_20131023_009.jpg
    WP_20131023_009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • WP_20131023_010.jpg
    WP_20131023_010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • WP_20131023_014.jpg
    WP_20131023_014.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • WP_20131023_015.jpg
    WP_20131023_015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • WP_20131023_026.jpg
    WP_20131023_026.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • WP_20131023_029.jpg
    WP_20131023_029.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm also facing the same issue but my screen flickers only when the Glance screen is on & it's charging (or Fully Charged). It was flickering very often before the GDR update but after only flickers in above scenarios. Also I Noticed one thing that whenever i play a game or skype call is made i can see a blue line appearing after 5-10 mins which is not captured in the screenshots (i tried) & after exiting the app or game it disappears in some time. I can see the screen staying there in blue line for a second or two when I scroll upwards or down..
Please suggest.

Siddique79

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Am new to this thread. Yeah i've also encountered this problem for the last few days with my lumia 920. After read a solution provided in the another wpcentral thread, it seems ok now. Just turn off the auto brightness and check it. Hope it will solve. Mine doing well now. Expecting reply from u guys.

Berto450

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My 920 has always had screen flicker in the games app, and quite often the lock screen.
Was thinking of sending away to NCC to get this and the dust in the front camera fixed, but
don't know if it is worth doing so - I would be pretty unhappy if it came back still doing it......

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has always had screen flicker in the games app, and quite often the lock screen.
Was thinking of sending away to NCC to get this and the dust in the front camera fixed, but
don't know if it is worth doing so - I would be pretty unhappy if it came back still doing it......

yeah it's a known issue for both the flickering screen and dust in FFC, they'll change the entire LCD + the glass.

Sumeet Chawla1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I even had this issue on my nokia lumia 920.. i had given my phone for replacing n they said it will arrive in 2 days.. its a week past now.. will go to check tomorrow.. mine used to flicker on the glance screen.. it goes to max brightness n blinks.. n during day time.. i just cant use my phone i get headache wile using it..

muratardic

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 920. and I had a deep search on it and I found that "double tap to wake" was causing it. so I followed these step:
first turn off double tap to wake, then lock screen and keep it so for 5 mins.
after 5 mins open screen lock and switch off your phone for 5 mins. after 5 mins switch on your phone and flickering issue will be gone :)

ciumbuleuit

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi there...

any progress about this issue yet?
mine got it since day one.
had replaced with a new unit from the shop and now i am using the third replacement but the problem still there (flickering on glance screen).

what should i do?
tx.

cnu_vung

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
the reasons for display flickering are:

1. while making or answering a call , the screen will turn black as your ear will be obstacle to proximity sensor. if there is a problem in your mobile with the interface between the proximity sensor and display panel then your display will flicker.
2. If you keep the mobile in your pocket, bag ..etc., there will be no light on to the proximity sensor, again it will start flickering the screen. to check this you keep ur mobile for some time on a table facing the screen toward the table floor you can notice the screen flickering.

most of the time when i am using the mobile at home it will not flicker. because at home i surf internet n play games and i will charge the mobile in normal position(screen facing up)
my lumina 920 screen flickers only: when i am in a call , or after taking my mobile from pocket or bag.
my screen flickers optimum like a waves in the bucket n after some time slowly flicker disappears.

if you are facing the same problem, there is a problem in the interface b/w proximity sensor and display panel
it is not an software problem i guess , better go for a repair or replacement

Shreenu Sadanandan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had the same issue while locking and unlocking the screen. I just switched off the "glance screen" option and now the flickering has stopped. I am wondering if it is because of the glance screen option. Hope it helps!

alexaw88

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I also have this problem.
I bought white 920 last month, and I saw the screen was flickering like a bulb (at the corners of the phone).
I brought it to nokia store where I bought the phone, and then I asked for the new one.
2 days later, I got the new phone (also white 920), but the phone had exactly same problem.
The salesman told me to brought home the first white 920 till he found another one again.
Then, I updated to Black, but I still have the problem (okay, this is hardware problem).
Yesterday, he called me that I can get refund my money, or buy another color.
Today I came to the store again and I replace my white 920 with red 920.
Sadly, the red 920 also have this problem, and then I also borrowed the salesman's 920 (also red).
Unfortunately, his 920 also have this problem, but he said that he isn't disturbed by this problem.
The problem can be seen easly in the blue abstract background and maple leaf background (I had use those background), and
also in the music or games background (grey).
The salesman use red lampions background, and he insist that only those two backgrounds that have this problem.
But, I still can see a little flicker in the red background too (I don't know that I have good eyes or he was pretend?)
So, I didn't want to take the red 920 too, and I asked my money back.
He agreed, but he took all the phones ( white and red) and he said that he will tell me when I can get my money.

That is my experienced.
Hope it can help you.
Sorry if my english is bad.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 920. and I had a deep search on it and I found that "double tap to wake" was causing it. so I followed these step:
first turn off double tap to wake, then lock screen and keep it so for 5 mins.
after 5 mins open screen lock and switch off your phone for 5 mins. after 5 mins switch on your phone and flickering issue will be gone :)
did this fix the problem temporarily or permanently.

Sumeet Chawla1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I even got that problem.. Given it to NCC they said it will take 2 day. However it took around a month but the screen flickering is all gone..

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss