08-17-2015 09:49 AM
179 ... 5678
tools
    Hi,
    I have Att Lumia 920 with Lumia black update, and I want Indian firmware so is it fine to follow above guide with all steps? Or I can skip few steps?
    Follow the guide with all the steps
    07-05-2014 05:17 AM
    Hi Games,

I tried with above mentioned Steps, at step 6 I got stuck.. I got the red screen with progress bar but within few mins I got an error, attached below.. Please help, my phone not switching back on :(

MSG_INVALID_SIZE_SECURE_FLASH_RESP: 0x00040006
    Exception:
    Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: MSG_INVALID_SIZE_SECURE_FLASH_RESP: 0x00040006
    at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
    at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.Re
    07-06-2014 11:05 AM
    Hi Games,

My Lumia 920 not responding to any of the keys. I am getting a small sound when I connect the phone to system and thats it. even its not showing as separate drive. do you know how can I boot my phone back? please help
    07-07-2014 12:13 PM
    Hi Games,

My Lumia 920 not responding to any of the keys. I am getting a small sound when I connect the phone to system and thats it. even its not showing as separate drive. do you know how can I boot my phone back? please help
    Something has interrupted your flash process; by googling the error, this post came up on XDA - link, and in that post, the following advice was given

noki.png

To recover your phone, first try and use Nokia Software recovery tool to recover your phone - go to this link for more info and download

I would suggest you use a different usb port this time when flashing the phone, or better yet try it from a different PC. Try this and report back
    07-08-2014 03:23 AM
    I am not able to recover my phone with both Nokia software recovery tool and Nokia software update for retail tool. both tool asking me to press volumn down and power button but my phone is not responding to those keys. Anyother way to fix it?
    07-08-2014 11:59 PM
    I am not able to recover my phone with both Nokia software recovery tool and Nokia software update for retail tool. both tool asking me to press volumn down and power button but my phone is not responding to those keys. Anyother way to fix it?
    If I remember right, there is an option in Nokia Software recovery tool where it says 'click here if phone not turning on' or something similar. Try using that.
    07-16-2014 04:37 AM
    My phone stopeed working after i was trying to downgade it to 8 from 8.1 previes using nokia software recovery tile
    Actually my power and volume buttons are not respesnonsive currently..I mean i dont feel vibration even if hold them for minutes
    So is there any way to install it without using thise button
    Please help
    :(
    As u mention above they nokia software recovery tool has that option but it aslo requires you to press the same key combination.
    08-05-2014 02:30 PM
    My phone stopeed working after i was trying to downgade it to 8 from 8.1 previes using nokia software recovery tile
    Actually my power and volume buttons are not respesnonsive currently..I mean i dont feel vibration even if hold them for minutes
    So is there any way to install it without using thise button
    Please help
    :(
    08-05-2014 02:35 PM
    did you solve your problem
    i have the same issue
    if you have solved it please help me
    08-05-2014 03:01 PM
    Hello,

I try this morning to flash my phone, and after i download the files from navifirm and copy all of them to nokia care suite C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products/rm-xxx , the nokia suport tool will not recognise them "total number of found data packages: 0",

Any answers for this ?
    09-14-2014 08:39 AM
    has anyone been able to download the "Rogers Pre Portico ROM (RM-820) - thanks to juan6996" from the link posted at the start of this guide??

All I get when going to the link is pretty much spam and no actual download link.

EDIT: I'm also curious if anyone has successfully done this after AT&T pushed out Cyan. I managed to find the Pre Portico rom from another source but have been unable to flash the phone. Curious if AT&T with Cyan has killed the ability to flash the Pre Portico or if I'm doing something incorrect. The nokia care program will not show the phone connected to it even though I can see the phone listed as a drive on the computer. Have tried three different computers and several different usb connections.
    Last edited by sequoia464; 10-17-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    10-15-2014 01:07 AM
    I followed the instructions to the T with an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. However, after flashing the last firmware (a euro GB CV), I'm getting a SIM Card missing or invalid, doesn't matter which sim I use or what firmware I flash, I get that. Cannot go back to previous ROMs, either. So I'm basically stuck with a $250 phone-less phone. Can anyone help?
    10-21-2014 06:35 PM
    has anyone been able to download the "Rogers Pre Portico ROM (RM-820) - thanks to juan6996" from the link posted at the start of this guide??

All I get when going to the link is pretty much spam and no actual download link.

EDIT: I'm also curious if anyone has successfully done this after AT&T pushed out Cyan. I managed to find the Pre Portico rom from another source but have been unable to flash the phone. Curious if AT&T with Cyan has killed the ability to flash the Pre Portico or if I'm doing something incorrect. The nokia care program will not show the phone connected to it even though I can see the phone listed as a drive on the computer. Have tried three different computers and several different usb connections.
    I have the same problem. The link to the Rogers Pre Portico ROM doesn't take me anywhere helpful. Just advertisement pages. Is there another site that I can get a trusted copy of the ROM?
    10-26-2014 09:31 AM
    I have the same problem. The link to the Rogers Pre Portico ROM doesn't take me anywhere helpful. Just advertisement pages. Is there another site that I can get a trusted copy of the ROM?
    I finally found it here ... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7d285...KL_8BCVvpX8S5U

It worked for me, make sure you get the 820 version

Edit - I was able to eventually flash my 920 - none of the three desktops in the house would recognize the phone through the Nokia program, finally used a laptop and the phone was recognized and flashed the pre-portico. Took quite a some time and several rounds of updates to get to the final Rodgers Cyan, but the phone works fine now.

Had to do the foreign sim trick to get internet sharing to work though as I am using my 920 on Straight Talk. ... http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...obile-sim.html
    10-26-2014 10:12 PM
    Does this work for 8.1 devices?
    10-29-2014 05:33 AM
    I just discovered that my 920 - originally an unlocked ATT phone is now locked after doing the flash to Rodgers. I am still using it with my Straight Talk sim with no issues, but I thought this was not supposed to happen.

What happened?? .. and how can I get it unlocked now? - re-try the ATT unlock code?
    10-30-2014 07:43 PM
    If the foreign sim is working, what makes you think it is locked? Or is Straight Talk native AT&T but you've tried something else?
    11-01-2014 10:18 PM
    If the foreign sim is working, what makes you think it is locked? Or is Straight Talk native AT&T but you've tried something else?
    When I enter the ##7820# it shows a locked sim (using a straight talk sim), and when I set up internet sharing with a sim from the UK the phone stated that it was a locked unit.

I should mention that the phone works perfectly however with the AT&T based Straight Talk sim. It has the Rodgers ROM on it, I'm just curious about this is all, not something that really needs correcting.
    11-02-2014 01:52 AM
    I also just flashed my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 with the Rogers Firmware. After I flashed the phone I also noticed that when I entered ##7820# it showed it as locked now. All I did was re-enter my unlock code I used to unlock the phone before flashing the firmware again. After I entered the unlock code the lock went to unlocked. Then I shut off the phone and restarted it and now when I enter ##7820# it shows as unlocked. The Rogers firmware is just great. I use it on Cricket and Internet sharing (mobile hotspot) now works great. I am very happy.
    12-19-2014 12:11 PM
    Thank you very much! It helped me flash my Lumia 830 with Lumia Denim successfully.... Thank you once again!!!
    03-05-2015 02:30 PM
    Thank u for the information 😊
    03-05-2015 03:56 PM
    Thank you for the information. However,I have Lumia Cyan update on my L920 and there are two issue
    1. It is not gettting detected in NCS. (as per previous reply I went ahead and tried to flash once the phone was detected in windows explorer).
    2. When I hit retry and press volume up button, it shows "starting" and then the screen reappears (with retry and cancel options).

What do I do?

P.S: The reason I am trying this is that when I try to use 3G I feel that it is only working at edge speed and that ATT rom has disabled 3G. is that correct? If not I need to see what is going wrong.

Thanks a million for any support.

---EDIT---
    I think the problem was the rm-820 folder had somehow been emptied. so I pasted the details in there and tried again and it worked! Now on Rogers. Will continue to update to India Rom.

Thanks
    Last edited by sri_sk; 05-06-2015 at 05:11 AM. Reason: update
    05-06-2015 01:04 AM
    Hello !! I follow all the steps as the tutorial. I was not listed when you select the ROM Product (Nokia 920) !!
    The files are located in the specified path, but do not see in Nokia Care. Help !!
    05-15-2015 02:02 PM
    NaviFirm plus is asking for donation. Anyway past this? How did you guys do it?
    05-17-2015 10:26 AM
    hit cancel?
    06-13-2015 07:43 PM
179 ... 5678