GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+GDR3

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

everytime i try, (im at 100% battery btw) when i hold down Volume Down and Power, then volume up i get a lightning and gear icon

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been a bit busy these days and was unable to visit wpc forums.

hi guys, need help to fix this when flashing my Lumia 925.

Hello, this guide is not meant for the 925, please search in the 925 forum if there is a similar method to install country roms.

hello everyone !
i've tried to flash my at&t lumia 920 with rm-821 by following procedure described above. but got this error :

At which step are you getting this error?

Hi, and thanks for this guide.. is the best... I have a question, I flashed an ATT Lumia 920 Yellow, but when I use a code to see the see the time the phone was used and variant, it says red... I used a French gdr2 rom from the list on NCS some days ago.... Is it a problem or its ok??

Should be fine, no problems

Guys, is there other RM-820 Amber Firmware to use? I have a RM-820 from Argentina and i flashed Rogers Amber ROM with Nokia Care Suite, but my wifi is kinda slow and sometimes it just doesn't connect, this never happened when i was with the original firmware or AT&T Dev ROM, so i was wondering if apart from Rogers is there any other firmware for RM-820 to use since i don't want to do the tutorial to pass to RM-821

Here are the RM-820 country roms I could find

Product Code Type Region
059S6M8 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 UY PY CV LTE YEL
059S6L4 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 UY PY CV LTE BLK
059S6M9 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 UY PY CV LTE RED
059S6L7 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 UY PY CV LTE WHI
059R9W2 RM-820 VAR AMERICA-LTA1 CO&EC CV WHITE
059R8M9 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 CO&EC CV BLACK
059R744 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 PY&UY CV RED
059R746 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 PY&UY CV WHITE
059R742 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 PY&UY CV BLACK
059R743 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 PY&UY CV YELLOW
059S7B4 RM-820 VAR AMERICA AR CV SKD YELLOW
059R745 RM-820 VAR AMERICA AR CV SKD BLACK
059R755 RM-820 VAR AMERICA AR CV SKD WHITE
059S0M9 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 MX CV WHITE
059S0N0 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 MX CV YELLOW
059S0M8 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 MX CV BLACK
059S3M2 RM-820 VAR AMERICA LTA1 MX CV RED

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help

At which point are you getting this error?

everytime i try, (im at 100% battery btw) when i hold down Volume Down and Power, then volume up i get a lightning and gear icon

I think your timing of pressing retry button on computer is slow. hold VOL DOWN+POWER buttons together and HOLD till phone turns off - when phone turns off and you feel short vibration, immediately click RETRY button in the computer AND take hands off POWER+VOL DOWN and press and HOLD VOL UP button

You must click retry immediately after phone vibrates, also after phone vibrates remember to take hands off vol down+power and press and hold vol up - you can let go of vol up after phone has entered download mode (BIG nokia logo on dark red background)

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

damn that is hard xD my computer which I thought i charged last night, was at 10% power so I figured i shouldn't try as I only have mac mini and a macbook with dual boot of mountain lion and windows 7

WOOOOOOOO My phone became unbricked by itself! :D :D :D sooo i will try it once when I get home to get GDR2, if not i am doing to just wait a few weeks at&t to release it.

Also i still get the update if I am AT&T unlocked right?

Last edited:

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Also i still get the update if I am AT&T unlocked right?

Your SIM lock status does not matter - if you are on stock AT&T ROM, you will get the OTA update when AT&T releases it.

ashiwp

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for this guide Goblin.
It worked for me.

Had a few problems during update, changed the time to canada for the rogers rom, retried again and again and Thank God, it worked after a quite long time.
I have L920 indian white and it works well. Got all the updates. Yeah!

Ricardo Correia

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Hi all

First of all I want to say that I'm new on this forum, but I browse the website for a while now and I think it's great!

I have a friend who bought a German Unlocked L920 and now we want to flash it with a Portuguese unlocked Rom. The problem is that I could only find the product code for mine witch is a L920 unlocked black, and he's phone is grey and I'm not sure what to do.. Can I use my product code or is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance guys

suckmywifi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

now keep your mouse cursour in your computer on the retry button **DO NOT CLICK IT JUST YET**- plug in your phone into your PC, and make sure it?s detected (in top right of product support tool for store, the drop down list should show ?USB - RM-820? or something similar)

When I try this step, the phone is not detected in the drop down. If I hold down low volume and power, and the click retry, and then click high volume, it shows lightning bolt and gear, but the screen keeps coming up with the button to retry. I cannot seem to get my phone to be flashed.

Aryaman Patel

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

hi i am trying to flash my lumia 920 at&t, but in step 3 when i enter the country varient code, i press check on line and then download, but a message comes "access is denied view credentials" and then the program closessddf.JPG i dont know what to do please help!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Can this be done for a 1020 as well?

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I recently completed this guide. But I couldn't get the ROM data via the tool as the guide describes. My workaround was to use this site (btw, donate a few bucks to this guy as a thank you to him for building this!)
http://www.mrcrab.net/Nokia-Product-Code.html

You can search by product code. Then, download the 11 or so files related to the version and variant of the firmware you want. Once you have the files, you may need to strip off the 6-7 numbers and an underscore on the front of some of them (see other thread comments on this guide to know what I'm talking about). I found the best thing to do is compare names with the Rogers pre-portico files you already have under C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-820 and match remove serial numbers where Rogers doesn't have them, and keep them where it does have them at the beginning of the file. If you don't do this, you'll probably get an error message about the VPL having an invalid signature.

I hope that helps!

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

A few notes with my experience of completing this...

1) Downloading ROMs no longer works. I provided info about working around that in a previous thread. (see MrCrab.net, and be sure to donate as a thank you!)

2) I was able to get 4G LTE on the India Country Variant (CV) RED! Woohoo! (I got a screen asking me to select my carrier when I put in an AT&T SIM. Options were 3G, LTE 1, and LTE 2. I chose LTE 2, even thought I don't really know what it was asking me. :) )

3) The latest AT&T US Red update had the peek feature for glance. I really miss that, and probably wouldn't have switched over if I had known that it's not in the India variant. Oh well...hopefully that resolves itself in a few months.

4) LOVE the Indian ringtones! :) A nice touch on localizing the product.

5) I lost some phone contacts that I had entered manually. Be sure they're either tied to one of your accounts or that you write them down, etc.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

It's been a while since I logged into WPC guys - sorry

I have a friend who bought a German Unlocked L920 and now we want to flash it with a Portuguese unlocked Rom. The problem is that I could only find the product code for mine witch is a L920 unlocked black, and he's phone is grey and I'm not sure what to do.. Can I use my product code or is there any other way to do this?
Thanks in advance guys

I am guessing the German 920 will be an RM-821, so I think you can flash another rm-821 rom onto it - and yes, you can use your product code, the colour does not matter - to find the correct product code for color - refer to this list of RM-821 product codes - link

now keep your mouse cursour in your computer on the retry button **DO NOT CLICK IT JUST YET**- plug in your phone into your PC, and make sure it’s detected (in top right of product support tool for store, the drop down list should show “USB - RM-820” or something similar)

When I try this step, the phone is not detected in the drop down. If I hold down low volume and power, and the click retry, and then click high volume, it shows lightning bolt and gear, but the screen keeps coming up with the button to retry. I cannot seem to get my phone to be flashed.

Is you phone being detected by your PC and does it show up as a removable drive in my computer?

hi i am trying to flash my lumia 920 at&t, but in step 3 when i enter the country varient code, i press check on line and then download, but a message comes "access is denied view credentials" and then the program closesView attachment 48904 i dont know what to do please help!

It appears you can no longer download the required ROM files from Nokia Care suite - please download the ROM file using NAVIFIRM - I have updated the guide to use navifirm for downloading ROM - pls check the guide again

Can this be done for a 1020 as well?

I am not sure - your best bet would be posting in the 1020 forum and see if anyone else has achieved this with success

A few notes with my experience of completing this...

1) Downloading ROMs no longer works. I provided info about working around that in a previous thread. (see MrCrab.net, and be sure to donate as a thank you!)

2) I was able to get 4G LTE on the India Country Variant (CV) RED! Woohoo! (I got a screen asking me to select my carrier when I put in an AT&T SIM. Options were 3G, LTE 1, and LTE 2. I chose LTE 2, even thought I don't really know what it was asking me. :) )

3) The latest AT&T US Red update had the peek feature for glance. I really miss that, and probably wouldn't have switched over if I had known that it's not in the India variant. Oh well...hopefully that resolves itself in a few months.

4) LOVE the Indian ringtones! :) A nice touch on localizing the product.

5) I lost some phone contacts that I had entered manually. Be sure they're either tied to one of your accounts or that you write them down, etc.

Great to hear that it worked well for you! I am puzzled that you are getting LTE on the indian ROM, as it does not have an option for LTE in settings (as India does not have LTE infrastructure yet)

Can you please elaborate on not getting peek feature on glance? I think all 920s have it - My brother's 920 on Indian CV has it - try updating all system apps through sysapp pusher

Yes, Indian ringtones are cool :)

** I have edited the guide to use Navifirm to download ROM as downloading rom through care suite does not work anymore **

Last edited:

DrYogesh

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi, is there a way of doing the same with Lumia 820, AT&T branded. Thanks

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi, is there a way of doing the same with Lumia 820, AT&T branded. Thanks

Hi, please post your query in the Lumia 820 forum, as other 820 users may have changed the firmware and may be able to help you wrt the flashing instructions for the 820

krazineurons

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

Hello, i recently brought an ATT unlocked Lumia 920 to india for My dad. He is on BSNL 3G, i am seeing a drastic battery drain and i notice that the phone is switching between 2G and 3G very frequently. I suspected that it is on a wrong band as since it is ATT branded it might be forcing it for certain settings which are not applicable in india like looking for a network of a different band thus draining battery. So i was thinking of flashing the phone to indian ROM, and thus had a few questions :)

- Does it really make sense to flash to indian ROM, or shall i try the ##3282# trick and limit it to use 2G only?
- If i were to flash, i am confused as if we get all the goodies (Data Sense, Internet Sharing, ##3282#) with the Indian ROM?
- If i used the Rogers ROM, won't it be the same problem that US carriers are used to different frequencies of the network so it might still drain the battery?
- Also if we were to ever used the Indian ROM Flashed phone in india and make use of LTE Speeds, what would it look like, another flash?

Really appreciate the hardwork done on this thread, looking forward for your response.

Cheers!
-Anirudh:love:

Feras Naimat

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

hello i tried to do it many time i still getting the same message

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Feras Naimat

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

hello I did the steps above but am getting this error message before its start to flashing could you help me out

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i recently brought an ATT unlocked Lumia 920 to india for My dad. He is on BSNL 3G, i am seeing a drastic battery drain and i notice that the phone is switching between 2G and 3G very frequently. I suspected that it is on a wrong band as since it is ATT branded it might be forcing it for certain settings which are not applicable in india like looking for a network of a different band thus draining battery. So i was thinking of flashing the phone to indian ROM, and thus had a few questions :)

This should not be happening even if it was on ATT ROM - before flashing my brothers 920, he used it on the ATT ROM with an Airtel sim card and it worked just fine - a factory reset might help. if you are facing problems.

- Does it really make sense to flash to indian ROM, or shall i try the ##3282# trick and limit it to use 2G only?

As you are using the phone in India, I highly recommend you flash the indian rom, if you are comfortable doing it.

- If i were to flash, i am confused as if we get all the goodies (Data Sense, Internet Sharing, ##3282#) with the Indian ROM?

You will get Data sense and internet sharing, but 3282 settings page is disabled in Indian ROM (although I never found a use for it)

- If i used the Rogers ROM, won't it be the same problem that US carriers are used to different frequencies of the network so it might still drain the battery?

Again, no you *should* not face any problem using the rogers rom with an indian sim card. I have used the rogers gdr2 amber rom with a TATA docomo sim card and it works just fine - no reception issues or battery drain

- Also if we were to ever used the Indian ROM Flashed phone in india and make use of LTE Speeds, what would it look like, another flash?

India does not have LTE yet and highly unlikely the 920 will suport Indian LTE bands when it does eventually roll out (I think India will be using the 2600 band for LTE in the future)

hello i tried to do it many time i still getting the same message

At which step are you getting this error?

manmeetvirdi

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

Hi
Have bought Lumia 920 from Singapore. I cant use Nokia Music and Nokia tells me that's because I have bought it outside of country of my residence (India).
Can I flash L920 using your method so that I can use Nokia Music? My phone is already out of warranty !

Regards
Manmeet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs