GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+GDR3

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+

I've tried to flash to product code No : 059S0N1 VAR MX CV which is country variant and it's for Mexic.
but the flash procedure goes wrong by the following error :
"0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device."
Already my device is unlocked and I'm using it on non-at&t operator service.
can you advice me a way to find a country variant ROM for flash this device?

Hi, the method outlined in this guide applies to lumia 920s only. Flashing the rogers pre-portico rom to enable flashing other firmware is kind of an exploit found for the 920. I do not know if firmware with a different product code can be flashed onto the lumia 820 - you would do well to ask in the Lumia 820 forums here on WPcentral - link

I have to add this problems to what you've mention in first post :
1- there is no option for message delivery in message setting

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you meant. Is it setting for SMS delivery confirmation?

2- there is no option for changing map save location to SD card
with regards

There is a solution for this. Go to the windows store and install SysApppusher- then open SysApppusher, under 'beta' section you will find an app named "Lumia storage check beta" - install that. After installing it, open it (it will be in your app list). After opening it, swipe to the right, under 'details' you will see maps - tap on change button under maps and below you can see a drop down menu for changing maps storage location - select SD card and you are done. But whatever maps you have already downloaded onto your phone cannot be moved across to the sd card; you will have to delete them from the phone first and then re-download them to the sd card.

Nasim Ahmed

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official Lumia Black+

hello again, with ur guidance i was able to flash rogers in my Nokia lumia 920, but i was really unable to flash bd (Bangladesh) country variant ROM (059r6m9) due to corrupted ROM from navi firm plus every time. it would be really helpful if u upload Indian country variant like rogers. my best wishes to you.

Last edited:

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

hello again, with ur guidance i was able to flash rogers in my Nokia lumia 920, but i was really unable to flash bd (Bangladesh) country variant ROM (059r6m9) due to corrupted ROM from navi firm plus every time. it would be really helpful if u upload Indian country variant like rogers. my best wishes to you.

Try downloading the firmware from MrCrab's site - link - enter the product code you want to download the firmware for into the text box and it should display a list of files you need to download.

Nasim Ahmed

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Capture.JPG
When i click on the button start on NCS , it shows "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\D0F2C7F6_RM821_059R6M9_3051.40000.1349.0003_047.vpl has invalid signature."
Even when i rename the file (suggested be sane web by dif. User) it shows "The file 'C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_3051.40000.1349.0003_RETAIL_apac_singapore_482_03_366009_prd_signed.ffu' from the data package is corrupted.", What should i do"

C2apture.JPG

Last edited:

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Well this is puzzling - I would suggest downloading the files with a download manager (such as free download manager) - maybe the files are not getting downloaded 100%

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Hello,
Has anybody tried this in a Lumia 820?
I have an AT&T Lumia, and I want to flash an international ROM to it. Actually, there is not a custom ROM for my country (Albania) for 820, so I am thinking of flashing an international. What do you suggest?
Also, can I flash the custom ROM directly to it, without having to flash the ROGER's one previously?
Thanks

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Hello,
Has anybody tried this in a Lumia 820?
I have an AT&T Lumia, and I want to flash an international ROM to it. Actually, there is not a custom ROM for my country (Albania) for 820, so I am thinking of flashing an international. What do you suggest?
Also, can I flash the custom ROM directly to it, without having to flash the ROGER's one previously?
Thanks

Hi, the method outlined in this guide applies to lumia 920s only. Flashing the rogers pre-portico rom to enable flashing other firmware is kind of an exploit found for the 920. I do not know if firmware with a different product code can be flashed onto the lumia 820 - you would do well to ask in the Lumia 820 forums here on WPcentral - link

Nasim Ahmed

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Well this is puzzling - I would suggest downloading the files with a download manager (such as free download manager) - maybe the files are not getting downloaded 100%
First thanks for your help for flashing My Nokia lumia 920. I flashed my phone with Indian rom and later on do look @ Bangladeshi ROM and what i found that it is actually borrowed from Singaporean one. by the way, there is nothing wrong in ur mentioned way but corrupted file from the source. thanks you so much.

RajapandianR

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

Hi,
I have Att Lumia 920 with Lumia black update, and I want Indian firmware so is it fine to follow above guide with all steps? Or I can skip few steps?

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber

Hi,
I have Att Lumia 920 with Lumia black update, and I want Indian firmware so is it fine to follow above guide with all steps? Or I can skip few steps?

Follow the guide with all the steps

RajapandianR

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi Games,

I tried with above mentioned Steps, at step 6 I got stuck.. I got the red screen with progress bar but within few mins I got an error, attached below.. Please help, my phone not switching back on :(

MSG_INVALID_SIZE_SECURE_FLASH_RESP: 0x00040006
Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: MSG_INVALID_SIZE_SECURE_FLASH_RESP: 0x00040006
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.Re

RajapandianR

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi Games,

My Lumia 920 not responding to any of the keys. I am getting a small sound when I connect the phone to system and thats it. even its not showing as separate drive. do you know how can I boot my phone back? please help

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi Games,

My Lumia 920 not responding to any of the keys. I am getting a small sound when I connect the phone to system and thats it. even its not showing as separate drive. do you know how can I boot my phone back? please help

Something has interrupted your flash process; by googling the error, this post came up on XDA - link, and in that post, the following advice was given

noki.png

To recover your phone, first try and use Nokia Software recovery tool to recover your phone - go to this link for more info and download

I would suggest you use a different usb port this time when flashing the phone, or better yet try it from a different PC. Try this and report back

RajapandianR

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I am not able to recover my phone with both Nokia software recovery tool and Nokia software update for retail tool. both tool asking me to press volumn down and power button but my phone is not responding to those keys. Anyother way to fix it?

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I am not able to recover my phone with both Nokia software recovery tool and Nokia software update for retail tool. both tool asking me to press volumn down and power button but my phone is not responding to those keys. Anyother way to fix it?

If I remember right, there is an option in Nokia Software recovery tool where it says 'click here if phone not turning on' or something similar. Try using that.

Chiru Smart1

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

My phone stopeed working after i was trying to downgade it to 8 from 8.1 previes using nokia software recovery tile
Actually my power and volume buttons are not respesnonsive currently..I mean i dont feel vibration even if hold them for minutes
So is there any way to install it without using thise button
Please help
:(
As u mention above they nokia software recovery tool has that option but it aslo requires you to press the same key combination.

Chiru Smart1

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

My phone stopeed working after i was trying to downgade it to 8 from 8.1 previes using nokia software recovery tile
Actually my power and volume buttons are not respesnonsive currently..I mean i dont feel vibration even if hold them for minutes
So is there any way to install it without using thise button
Please help
:(

Chiru Smart1

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

did you solve your problem
i have the same issue
if you have solved it please help me

Paunescu Traian

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

I try this morning to flash my phone, and after i download the files from navifirm and copy all of them to nokia care suite C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products/rm-xxx , the nokia suport tool will not recognise them "total number of found data packages: 0",

Any answers for this ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo