Spinning gears after resetting my lumia 820

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Its been spinning gears on my lumia 820 for more than an hour after reseting my phone... I tried things like soft reset (vol down+power key) method and pressing vol up>vol down>power key>vol down sequence after nokia screen appeared..but its still spinning gears...

Actually i feeling sick of myself ..i was happy using the phone for 4 months and happy with the amber update .. but since i had very few phone memory left i decided to reset my phone...and Oh God...now i feel like "why the hell did i do it"....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Its been spinning gears on my lumia 820 for more than an hour after reseting my phone... I tried things like soft reset (vol down+power key) method and pressing vol up>vol down>power key>vol down sequence after nokia screen appeared..but its still spinning gears...

Actually i feeling sick of myself ..i was happy using the phone for 4 months and happy with the amber update .. but since i had very few phone memory left i decided to reset my phone...and Oh God...now i feel like "why the hell did i do it"....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems you've tried the vol down vol up etc trick, to no avail. Can you go to your local Nokia Care station and see if they can reflash your phone for you?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
when should i actually press the sequence..."while its spinning"?? or after doing a battery pull???

While the gears are spinning, do a soft reset - Just push volume down and power button until phone vibrates. It will probably go back to the spinning gears but should only be for about 5 minutes and then back to home screen.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Immediately after the phone vibrates, release the power button and press the volume button up. You should get a logo with a lightning bolt. Let go of all buttons and try the soft reset from there.

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thats a new method???..So its like...First volume down + power key ...vibrates let go the power key...lightning bolt comes then...press volume up key...Thanks but now i am trying another method for last 30min ..ie ."Remove the battery and wait for 1 hour".. .

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the Help..Removing the battery and keeping it aside for 1 hour...ie giving everything a rest miraculously worked...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans