early model 920 vs later model 920

straightaways

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
So I just bought a Lumina 920 for my girlfriend. It was an earlier build model than mine as mine came with firmware 1314 right out of the box, where I had to update her phone twice to get it up to 1308, then 1314.

The strange thing is, while we have exactly the same Windows 8 versions and firmware numbers, her phone seems quite old and has functions which are present on my phone missing. It also just seems older.

For instance, she still has 'local scout', where mine just had here city lens. Some of her icons such as email were completely different. Also, strangely, her phone didn't have the ability to specify which letter you wanted to look in when browsing installed apps. She either has to just scroll down or manually search.

Does anyone know why this is? Its almost like her phone is half baked despite all of the successful updates. Very annoying. I thought after the updates we would have exactly the same features.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about the rest, but the shortcut letters for the application list only appear when you have more than a certain number of apps. I think the number is between 40 or 50.

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Local Scout is a feature of the operating system. Press the search button, enable Bing to access your location, and it will show up in the search app.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your location, you might get the GDR2+Amber update. Strongly advice to update it since it brings performance enhancements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire