Frustrated. SMS/Volume issues

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 928 two weeks ago, and I've been having problems that are getting progressively worse. I believe others have had these issues as well, but wanted to make my own thread because they don't get much love in the Bugs/Defects forum

1) Volume constantly goes up and down when listening to music or watching a video without headphones. It's extremely irritating. Also, two days ago my alarm didn't go off even though it was on full volume (this has only happened once).

2) Last week I started getting SMS issues where I won't be able to receive or send messages unless I do a soft reset.

I almost got a brand new replacement phone the other day, but the ***** at Verizon told me I couldn't exchange it since I bought mine at an authorized dealer instead of a corporate location. This is after she went all the way downstairs and was ready to activate the phone, having me wait 25 minutes. Made no sense; not to mention, the store I bought it from is the lead Verizon retailer on all of Long Island. I couldn't get back there since it's in West Islip and I live in Queens.

Any suggestions on what can be done is greatly appreciated. I love this phone otherwise.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Try a different Verizon store or rep. I bought mine at Newegg and was having issues with the external speaker. Went to a Verizon store today and 10 minutes later a new phone was shipping to me. They didn't even ask where I bought it.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day warranty thing. Or can I still get a free replacement after that? Not going to be able to get to a Verizon store tomorrow.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You could try contacting Customer Service by phone. They will most likely suggest a soft reset, which you've already done. The next step after that will probably be a hard reset.

You could also try contacting Nokia. HTH.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day warranty thing. Or can I still get a free replacement after that? Not going to be able to get to a Verizon store tomorrow.

The device warranty is 1 year, iirc. That's for manufacturer defects. I'm well outside the 14 day period and mine is being replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs