Sound disappeared, heaphone jack issue...

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So hey I have never had this issue nor read about it before.

Today I have noticed that my L920's sound was missing so I tried to play some music and it did not play with the speakers. Plugging headphones in will produce sound from the headphones.

What I have gathered from doing some tests is that my phone thinks the headphone are always plugged since speakerphone and ringtone work but regular calling, music and videos do not.

Has anyone hear of this issue before? Is there a simple fix? Soft reset did not help, is hard reset the only chance?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I had this one, I just replugged my headphones inside and unplugged it, and ta-daa, the sound was back. Suspicious stuff...

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
there are several threads with this issue, it is a problem with the jack, it gets stuck and thinks the headphones are still in. I had the same problem, i plugged in an external speaker to test something. late in the day i noticed i had no sound unless i used head phones. i managed to get it working again by poking a WD40 red spray tube (clean, of course) and got it to work. it was still intermittent so instead of going through the hassle of taking it back to the shop in France i bought it from (i live in Belgium) i decided to buy a new headphone jack and replace it myself. it took literally 5 mins to do and now it works fine. i was going to buy a little dust cap for it to keep anything out of it in the future and to not risk the same thing happening again.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to note it's a known issue. Yesterday for the first time my right headphone bud stopped working-I had left headphones plugged in over night after finishing listening to a podcast and upon waking and listening to something else,there was no sound from the right ear.... My ipod confirmed that the headphones were not at fault and in fact it was something with the phone.. restarting the phone solved it but it was a panicky moment!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos