laggy/skipping scrolling after amber update

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

When i scroll on my lumia 920 [for example ie10] it is a bit laggy and it skips a few animation screens i think.
This is what happend ; i put my finger on the screen and swipe up it then skips a few frames [instantly moves up/down before going down/up normally ]which is really anoying when reading
I have restored my phone to factory [none amber update] and my problem is gone... I think im gonna keep using portico because i never even use fm radio anyways and glance+tap to wake is pretty useless.. i only miss better battery life + camera :crying:

Anybody else have this problem?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No no, dude, if you've updated to Amber and then did a hard reset, the Amber update stays, it doesn't revert back to Portico. That's it, it's done what's done, no going back, at least not a pretty easy way.

I didn't have any problems you've listed, but thanks for the heads up, hard reset solves that issue :). Battery life, eh, it is what it is, I hope the fix it a bit for some users, but I have a good one, so that isn't a problem for me at least. Gance plus double tap to wake can be turned off, so that's no problem.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
No no, dude, if you've updated to Amber and then did a hard reset, the Amber update stays, it doesn't revert back to Portico. That's it, it's done what's done, no going back, at least not a pretty easy way.

I didn't have any problems you've listed, but thanks for the heads up, hard reset solves that issue :). Battery life, eh, it is what it is, I hope the fix it a bit for some users, but I have a good one, so that isn't a problem for me at least. Gance plus double tap to wake can be turned off, so that's no problem.
I just realised that, i forgot that i need to update glance etc via the store... my fault

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

When i scroll on my lumia 920 [for example ie10] it is a bit laggy and it skips a few animation screens i think.
This is what happend ; i put my finger on the screen and swipe up it then skips a few frames [instantly moves up/down before going down/up normally ]which is really anoying when reading
I have restored my phone to factory [none amber update] and my problem is gone... I think im gonna keep using portico because i never even use fm radio anyways and glance+tap to wake is pretty useless.. i only miss better battery life + camera :crying:

Anybody else have this problem?

This is a known bug. If it bothers you, just turn off the "Double-tap-to-wake" feature and restart your phone (You must restart the phone after turning the feature off for the problem to go away!).

It will get fixed in a future update...

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the very same issue. I did turned off "double-tap-to-wake" and restarted but it did not help. But I am not going back to portico. Picture quality is much better for me now, using Nokia Pro Cam.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
This is a known bug. If it bothers you, just turn off the "Double-tap-to-wake" feature and restart your phone (You must restart the phone after turning the feature off for the problem to go away!).

It will get fixed in a future update...

i didnt have double tap on, but I restored factory settings + used backup that windows makes rather well (very easy and you get all your personal stuff back in no time)

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I have like 5000 photos at least so in my case is you comment "you get all your personal stuff back in no time" not possible, It takes many hours, been there, done that, so would rather not do it again. Any other solutions ?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just going to add that this was a problem on the HTC 8X as well. I had it the first days after the GDR2 update. A soft reset was enough to resolve the issue for me. HTC/MS also pushed out a secondary firmware update a week after GDR2 that resolved the laggy scrolling and other issues for almost everyone.

You may just need to wait for the secondary firmware update.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
To chime in, I've been noticing some instability when it comes to my network connection after the Amber update. For instance, sometimes Twitter won't refresh and will tell me to check my connection. Same thing happens with the WPCentral app. I've done a soft reset and still happens here and there. Any ideas? Btw, I have an 822.

pratikmaz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same issue.
My phone is a AT&T white one purchased in the US. The stock ROM was really smooth. However since AT&T didnt come up with an Amber update yet I have installed the GDR2+ Amber Indian ROM. After the update scrolling and animations are not that smooth as compared to earlier. I have tried to do a phone reset but that doesnt seem to help. Any workaround?

Mantraxalos

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same issue.
My phone is a AT&T white one purchased in the US. The stock ROM was really smooth. However since AT&T didnt come up with an Amber update yet I have installed the GDR2+ Amber Indian ROM. After the update scrolling and animations are not that smooth as compared to earlier. I have tried to do a phone reset but that doesnt seem to help. Any workaround?

I used the att developer rom and there isn't any lag when scrolling. Its actually smoother than portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb