Klipsch Imaging S4A and WP8

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just want to report in that the above earbuds work perfectly on the Lumia 920 even though it was originally designed for Android without an app on the WP Store.
Functionalities such as pickup/hangup, play/pause, skip/previous, and speech recognition work perfectly as per the default set up in the user manual. no app is needed.

Pretty good to see that Android accessories are working fine on WP as this will certainly boost sales.
So if you're a Klipsch fan like me, pick one up and enjoy the awesome sound :cool:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know. I was thinking of picking them up but weren't sure if they would work. Will consider them in the future if my current earbuds fail me, but here's to hoping they don't :wink:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know. I was thinking of picking them up but weren't sure if they would work. Will consider them in the future if my current earbuds fail me, but here's to hoping they don't :wink:
I have both the Klipsch Image S4A and the Nokia Purity 920. Both are excellent.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just want to report in that the above earbuds work perfectly on the Lumia 920 even though it was originally designed for Android without an app on the WP Store.
Functionalities such as pickup/hangup, play/pause, skip/previous, and speech recognition work perfectly as per the default set up in the user manual. no app is needed.

Pretty good to see that Android accessories are working fine on WP as this will certainly boost sales.
So if you're a Klipsch fan like me, pick one up and enjoy the awesome sound :cool:
NOOOO I just got klipsch s4 instead of s4a because I thought they wouldn't work, o well I still love them

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does the mic work as well?

I bought the Klipsch S4i and the mic did not work in my windows phone (it is an old phone - windows focus)
The ones you have are for iPhones, so they probably will not work. Anything for iPhones tends to work only with iPhones/iPads/Apple products.

Things that are for Androids tend to be more compatible with other platforms (but not iDevices).

embeddeduser

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
The ones you have are for iPhones, so they probably will not work. Anything for iPhones tends to work only with iPhones/iPads/Apple products.

Things that are for Androids tend to be more compatible with other platforms (but not iDevices).

Thanks for your reply and I agree that accessories meant for i-devices are not generally compatible with other devices.

But still, it would be good to know if anyone has had any problems with the Klipsch S4A mic on any windows phone.

Everyone mentioned button functionality but not the mic functionality.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned speech recognition as one of the working feature so I thought that you'd be able to infer that the mic, which is needed to get spoken commands, is working.
To confirm, yes the mic is working on WP8 and S4A

embeddeduser

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I mentioned speech recognition as one of the working feature so I thought that you'd be able to infer that the mic, which is needed to get spoken commands, is working.
To confirm, yes the mic is working on WP8 and S4A

Great! Thanks. I guess I missed the speech recognition part.

Nokkina14

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi, good post yours!
Do you happen to know if Klipsh S4A -II do work with Nokia Asha? It's not a smartphone.
I had to return the ImageS4 i- II because they caused my cell crash and mic did not work at all.
Too late I saw on the box the I-pod/I-phone label. As I love the Klipsh design and they fit very good into may ears I woul dlike to buy this brand of headset but I wouldn't like to mistake again.

Thanks for any help

Nokkina

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99