Lumia 920: How to delete all contacts

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Is that even possible? I've been looking for a while and have not yet a clue how to delete all existing contact. I know how to delete a single contact. But that isn't really an option for 450+ contacts. There must be a better way. Or did Microsoft not include such a feature? If so, why? Did they really *forget* it?!?

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
They are not and won't be synced to any cloud service. I just want to remove all existing contacts from the device. So that's too much to ask? Why would MS not allow this?

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Local syncing via bluetooth. Never said they weren't synced. I'm just not gonna use cloud services for syncing. Also USB is an option for me. As long as my content stays local and does not go into the NSA cloud I'm fine.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
They are not and won't be synced to any cloud service. I just want to remove all existing contacts from the device. So that's too much to ask? Why would MS not allow this?

Local syncing via bluetooth. Never said they weren't synced. I'm just not gonna use cloud services for syncing. Also USB is an option for me. As long as my content stays local and does not go into the NSA cloud I'm fine.

they are on Skydrive. They are not local, it is an automatic sync. If you wish to clear your contacts it should be done through Skydrive.

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Coming from iOS this concept is a little bewildering. On iOS I have the option to not use the iCloud. I can sync via USB and keep my private data private.

Do I understand correctly the same is not the case and not possible with WindowsPhone 8?

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Do I understand correctly the same is not the case and not possible with WindowsPhone 8?

This is not an option with WP8. MS integrated it with their online services to be a seamless experience. If you're paranoid about the NSA, then you might as well move out of the US because your cell phone records are the least of what they are capturing.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
U may want to move to some other planet, and to some other solar system, if u r that paranoid about the NSA. They control everything, and u cannot do anything about it. Face it, u r in the mercy of NSA, as the rest of the world.

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Paranoia:
Paranoia /ˌp?rəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈp?rənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.

So after 2013 revelations I'd not call this position paranoid. As I say, iOS allows local sync. WP8 does not. So it's not for me. Thanks for this short trip back to MS. I forgot why I left it 10 years ago with my desktop computing. Was a mistake to go back although Nokias hardware is great. Pity that that might soon be Microsofts department. But the last word on that deal is not yet said.

Concerning leaving the US: I'd leave the US if I was stuck in there - luckily I'm not.

Last edited:

Kevin Anchi

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi gray this also does not work, i am try to delete from hotmail login via PC, i can see the contacts but cannot delete them, i can delete one by one, and i have around 3500 contacts all synced from gmail hotmail skype etc. now its so pain to find one contact and make a call,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos