Nokia Lumia 520: Where do the downloads go?

best2best3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Where do the downloads go to in Nokia lumia 520, I downloaded three email attachments, 1 picture, 1 notepad file and one word file but I can't find them in my phone, any idea, where there might be? Is there a downloads folder?

Thanks in advance and I hope I explained my situation well :( if not then please feel free to ask for more information and I will try my best to explain a bit better!!

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The picture is probably in Photos, Saved Pictures.

For the Word file, try launching Office to see if it shows up there.

I'm not sure about the text file. I would think to check out Office for that, too.

sahil1990

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Where do the downloads go to in Nokia lumia 520, I downloaded three email attachments, 1 picture, 1 notepad file and one word file but I can't find them in my phone, any idea, where there might be? Is there a downloads folder?

Thanks in advance and I hope I explained my situation well :( if not then please feel free to ask for more information and I will try my best to explain a bit better!!

well document saves in Documents folder in phone memory if u want to browse them then go to office and find it in 'recent' or 'documents in phone'

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you connect the phone to your computer, the internal storage and the microSD card should show up.

Photos show up under Photos, Documents show up under Documents and so on.

If you're stuck on the phone, open them in their respective apps.

Tipa Marius-George

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
another windoz garbage: there are no ways to save a file to a certain destination, they go somewhere but in haze. Transfered 5 *.pdf files via bluetooth and only one is visible under the acrobat documents (opening the acr reader can find it in recents but the real location is unknown). The other pdf are invisible. If are made with newer versions of pdf and no acrobat update available, at leat I should be able to delete them. Garbage, as I said ...

gforce56

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have Nokia 1020.
Recently I have downloaded zip file of 142 MBs with mp3 songs in it, I have no idea where it is stored.
I know it is there somewhere because I have listened to songs and after I closed it I could never find it again.
it is not under music, under office or recent files, have no clue...:S:unhappysweat:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
After downloading the picture, tap the "..." at the bottom of the screen and then tap "save". Then it will show up under photos > saved photos.

Similarly for the .docx and .txt files, aftr downloading it, save it. Then go to Office hub.

You dont need a file manager to find your files. The photos hub, office hub, music+videos hub do the job.

Ina Perceli

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have Nokia 1020.
Recently I have downloaded zip file of 142 MBs with mp3 songs in it, I have no idea where it is stored.
I know it is there somewhere because I have listened to songs and after I closed it I could never find it again.
it is not under music, under office or recent files, have no clue...:S:unhappysweat:
same problem, have you found them yet???

mundia

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Very angry right now. I think that whoever designed Nokia Lumia 520 is an *****. What is the purpose of the internet if i cannot find/ view what i download?:angry::angry::angry :angry::angry::angry:

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Try a file manager: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=f18c01a2-716a-4b7e-8a26-43bbc18da986

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=762e837f-461d-4847-8399-3526f54fc25e

Everything that I download from IE, UC Browser, Torrex Pro, etc. I can find it except documents downloaded from the Office app (I have to download the docs in the OneDrive app, apparently Office's downloaded docs are just temporal).

For seeing the docs downloaded from Outlook... Well, for pdf I use Adobe Acrobat to find them, for word, excel, etc docs I use Office. But yeah, right now downloading things from mail sucks, the app dont let you decide the location where you want to download the file and I really cant find them even connecting the phone to the PC.

Last edited:

Graham Keeley

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded some files using Opera Mini browser. I can open them in the application but would like to transfer them to my pc, how do I find them, all the file manager apps I have tried only show Documents, Videos, Pictures, Downloads (and they're not there) etc. Is there a file manager you recommend?

Dana Smithee

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I can tell you where the photos you try to download from an email attachment don't go: they don't go to SD card, one drive, photos, documents, phone, office or anywhere else accessible to mere mortals. I went from having an open mind to absolutely HATING windows phones over this one issue. Oh and my Lumia camera can't take a selfie so if you're say, holding your grandson who fell asleep on your shoulder and want to send a pic to someone you have to turn the phone around so that you can't see what you're actually taking a pic of and you have to guess where on the screen the "button" is. This is really unacceptable.
Microsoft, you deserve to have your butts kicked by apple and android. You suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you where the photos you try to download from an email attachment don't go: they don't go to SD card, one drive, photos, documents, phone, office or anywhere else accessible to mere mortals. I went from having an open mind to absolutely HATING windows phones over this one issue. Oh and my Lumia camera can't take a selfie so if you're say, holding your grandson who fell asleep on your shoulder and want to send a pic to someone you have to turn the phone around so that you can't see what you're actually taking a pic of and you have to guess where on the screen the "button" is. This is really unacceptable.
Microsoft, you deserve to have your butts kicked by apple and android. You suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There really isn't anything wrong with Windows Phones. You just happened to buy one that did not have a front-facing camera. That isn't a defect in the device. Many Windows Phones have great front-facing cameras. One cannot blame the device if a customer fails to do his/her research prior to buying a device.

Lloyd Jenkins

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

All you have to do is use the Lumia Selfie app. It detects your face and beeps when you are in focus and then takes the photo by itself. Really quite simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss