Well, after years of refusing to get a mobile phone, things changed and found myself needing one. Obviously, I went with the 520. Over the last few days of owning it, I've been pretty impressed with it. But, a couple of questions:

1) Is this phone (and WP in general) prone to decreased performance for any reason(s)? It may just be me, but I seem to be noticing a little more lag and jerkiness around the UI and in apps. It was smooth as heck the first couple of days. I've uninstalled all the downloaded apps I've tried, but it's still there. But, it could just be my imagination...it's nowhere near "horrible" territory.

2) For those in Canada, are you able to scan barcodes? There seems to be some missing options from Bing Vision for me: barcodes, dvds, books. Guessing it's a regional thing.

3) Anyone find a good inexpensive case for this phone? There doesn't seem to be much of choice and I'd feel better with one, or at least a good screen protector.

Thanks. :)
    09-03-2013 03:57 PM
    Hey there.

I agree with the lag. I hard reset my 520 once because i thought it was lagging and it hasn't lagged since.
    It might have been my imagination as well haha

In regards to cases, there are some really nice inexpensive flip ones on amazon. If you search lumia 520 flip cover you will find some good ones for quite cheap. :)
    ShaneRay likes this.
    09-03-2013 04:03 PM
    Oh and there isn't much choice bit the ones we have are nice enough so its easier to deal with the lack of choice.
    09-03-2013 04:04 PM