error 86000c4c: unable to add exchange email to Lumia 720

Rajagopalv

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
get an error message "we cant add this account to your phone because you've already set it up on the maximum number of devices" error code: 860004C4.
bought this phone for its excellent exchange syncing capability, but if I am unable to add this account, the phone becomes useless for me. PLEASE HELP...

Also received an email (below) from "Microsoft Outlook"

You have 10 phone partnerships out of the maximum allowed 10 partnerships. After you reach the maximum, you can't create additional partnerships until you delete existing ones from your account. To do so, sign in to Outlook Web App, click Options > Phone > Mobile Phones, and delete any unused partnerships.

---------
Our webmail app doesn't have the Phone option mentioned in the mail. How do I delete devices, though I am pretty sure that I haven't used it in 10 devices, just in one iPhone before this. :unhappysweat:

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I take it you have a Microsoft Exchange environment? This error is not related to your phone but on the Microsoft Exchange server side. The synchronization issues are caused by an active sync partnership limit that is account-based.(Microsoft Exchange) Once the limit is reached, device syncing errors are displayed instead. Reset the sync partnerships to resolve the issue. (This should be done by your Network Administrator).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo