Headphones issue? Right side A LOT louder.

Jtyoung0826

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 928 and all of a sudden the sound through headphones is playing MUCH louder through the right side. I have used two different types of headphones (my in-ear Beats and my over-ear Beats) and they are both experiencing the problem AND I've used the headphones on my Surface tablet and both of the headphones work fine through there.

I have never experienced this problem before and I saw online that people were having a problem with sound only playing through ONE headphone on the 920, but I have sound coming from both....its just a lot louder on the right side. I tried resetting my phone multiple times and I'm really starting to get aggravated. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's really odd. i would hard reset your phone. It maybe an application causing it.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Since you're reset your phone multiple times, is that hard reset or soft resets? Like Palandri said it could be some app causing a problem. If this doesn't fix it definitely take it into a Nokia Care store or wherever you bought the phone before sending it into Nokia to get fixed or replaced.

Scott Jon Satkowiak

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My phone is doing this too. This is more recently and it doesn't do it all the time but once it starts, it is a while before it stops doing it. I have tested all the other equipment and it is the certainly the phone doing this. As said, sometimes it sounds great and I can plug it into my cars AUX and I love it and other times I just want to throw this phone out the window.

What sort of app could cause this? Is a hard reset holding down the power and down button? I tried that many times and over and over just when suddenly it wants to work again.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not a software issue it's a hardware issue. You have to clean out the headphone jack. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. After playing around I figured I'd slide a small q-tip in that had a small amount of alcohol on it with the phone off (wring it out so it's not sopping wet). This fixed the problem for me. I got a ton of dirt out and the problem only comes back after a few months when the jack gets dirty again.

Willdo7474

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I had sent mine in for no audio out of the right side. I received it back saying it wasn't covered because the problem was corrosion. I called BS and tried cleaning it myself, like a magician pulling a hankie from his sleeve I kept getting more and more lint out of the jack, it just kept coming out. Of course the jack works fine and when I updated Nokia on the issue they magically changed their story to "your device was out of warranty" even though when I originally spoke to them they assured me it was covered.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
My 928 just started doing this as well. Haven't tried cleaning it yet. Tried soft resetting a number of times but that didn't help. I noticed it the first time I tried Spotify but I couldn't say if that had anything to do with it as now all music apps are affected by it.

Scott Jon Satkowiak

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It's not a software issue it's a hardware issue. You have to clean out the headphone jack. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. After playing around I figured I'd slide a small q-tip in that had a small amount of alcohol on it with the phone off (wring it out so it's not sopping wet). This fixed the problem for me. I got a ton of dirt out and the problem only comes back after a few months when the jack gets dirty again.

So, I have not tried this yet. I did try a hard reset and that worked for a little while until it came back. I just tried a hard reset again and that didn't work this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos