Worry about my Nokia phone after Microsoft.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I post it here because most of us are Nokia phone users here and I own a 925.

1. Do you think we will still have Nokia exclusive Apps?

2. Will Nokia still update our phone with new apps? I am not worried with the warranty, what I am saying, is that Nokia invented new phone and software (Nokia Smart Cam, Nokia Pro cam) to improve our WPhone experience, but if Nokia is gone, will they still do this?

3. I am really worry that the WP Platform might not be as good as before it all goes to Microsoft now, and that Microsoft is not as desperate as Nokia....

4.To be honest, I love Nokia, and hence I buy their phone, I am not, (at this moment) interested in buying a Microsoft Phone.

Any thoughts?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Everything will get even more refined, and maybe even integrated within the new WP release (8.1/9), and I have in my mind storage check, display options, call blocking, and so on.

IMO, everything will go better and better for us - Nokia users.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Also Nokia do not have to go through hoops for all that neat stuff they make now in FW and special apps. It will kist go directly into the OS :D

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1. Probably at some point most of nokia apps will be available for all winfows phone devices. This sgould however not impact any Lumia customer

2. Most likely although they might not be Nokia exclusive only

3. Buying Nokia for 7 billion dollars when Nokia was not having anywhere else to go shows that Microsoft cares about WP a great deal rather than the opposite.

4. The hardware will remain the same the is is the same. For final customer just the name changed so I don't see any problem.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I should add a note why I am doing so.

I do absolutely know that there is a thread on that, but you know what? The Microsoft - Nokia news is too big and concern so many areas. I have read few pages on that post and it goes no where, I mean there are people talking about A, some talks about B, and so on and so forth. It's hard to centralize certain aspect of this news.

Hence the reason I post here especially I want to target Nokia users, not WM Phone users.

It would also seem that you nokia users don't know how to use the search function when creating thread

Please use this thread for all your troubles and queries

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...post-comments-questions-here.html#post2115905

Quite frankly its getting extremely annoying with a new nokia thread appearing every 5 minutes

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have some FINNS (friends from Finland) and they told me that they are not very sad about this news, the hardest time for them was when Elop was their CEO and start working with Microsoft. From that moment, the FINNS have a feeling that this day will come.

FYI...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should add a note why I am doing so.

I do absolutely know that there is a thread on that, but you know what? The Microsoft - Nokia news is too big and concern so many areas. I have read few pages on that post and it goes no where, I mean there are people talking about A, some talks about B, and so on and so forth. It's hard to centralize certain aspect of this news.

Hence the reason I post here especially I want to target Nokia users, not WM Phone users.

Fair enough - but when you aren't that bothered by the whole thing and you look at the latest discussion list - almost every story is from a nokia user.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope they will continue to improve it and let us upgrade the phone with new firmware....unless Micosoft introduces new phone and want people only to buy phones from them.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just not read them and move on? I have a WP8 phone only because of Nokia, I hope this change turns out well.

Exactly, I read from Bloomberg - Finns Mourn Loss of Icon Nokia as Microsoft Takes Over - Bloomberg

Important point is

"?Nokia is one of Finland?s main brands and it?s what I tell people abroad -- that Nokia phones are from Finland,? she said. ?Now I can?t say that anymore.?" Liisa Hannula, a 26-year-old soon-to-be teacher in Helsinki, has always had a Nokia phone. Now she says she might opt for a Samsung smartphone instead.

That's what I worry, the Nokia brand is a great reason why people are buying it and try to take the risk of using a WP8 phone, I guess the no. of people who are doing the other way round is less ( loving Microsoft WP8 and hence try a nokia phone).

With the lost of Nokia brand, it could be a harder sell for WP8 alone from Microsoft, and people might think all right, now that Nokia is gone, whats the point of buying the Nokia Lumia phone now? (even though the 1020 is so damn cool!)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I do think that overseas sales will be hurt by not having Nokia's name on the front.

I hope that's just a short term problem since the people behind the creation of these phones are the same.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
oh my god.. this is even worse!

Nokia name to go away with the Lumia line as Microsoft seeks to unify branding | Windows Phone Central

But as pointed out during the conference call yesterday, Microsoft is taking this opportunity to streamline their branding. In other words, saying ‘Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows Phone 8’ or any variation will eventually become a thing of the past. What it will be, remains to be seen but it’s clear that ‘Nokia’ won’t be used in future Lumia devices. In fact, it’s not even clear that ‘Lumia’ will be used either, though it could be phased out.

I dont get it. I admit I like Nokia but lets be rational.

How many years does it take SOny to remove Erission from it's Sony Erission phone? How many years does it take AMD to drop the ATI brand for the Graphics card?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No need to worry. MS had promised 18 months of support for WP8 devices. Now, the people in charge of all the exclusive app development and Nokia's excellent support will be in a position to influence the decisions going forward.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
its clear that some users love their lumia because of nokia brand more than it being a windows phone. But due to the financial crisis of nokia,this acquisition had to happen some day , hence most importantly lets take the positives out of it.
1. Elop is still in charge of the device section and this should be a huge motivation to the current lumia owners.
2. Also having the nokia manufacturing experts in microsoft does keep the hopes alive of continuing the legacy of nokia phones.
3. Having full control of the software and hardware areas can help in better innovations and this is something to see for in the coming days.
Sure we all are skeptical over many areas ,but l feel microsoft is gonna go all guns blazing this time to capture the smartphone segment.Lets hope for the best and it would be really interesting to see how the next phone from microsoft would look like. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers