AT&T vs Nokia warranty

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My 920 is currently stuck at the "gears" screen following a failed hard reset to hopefully fix a poor battery life issue. Draining the battery all the way and then recharging it, removing the SIM, soft resetting, etc., have all failed to make the phone complete the reset. I called AT&T and they offered to send me a refurbished 920 in exchange for mine. I also called Nokia to see what they said, and they asked me to send it in. Which will more likely give me the best resolution?

I'm not keen on refurbished devices, but I don't know if Nokia will also simply send me a refurbished device, or if they will just force a reset and not address the battery at all. Suggestions?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would go with AT&T at least you will get a replacement straight away where as with Nokia you might be waiting for a device to come back in a week or two (which they normally send refurbished).

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
ATT warranty is pretty dope. If you walk into one of their warranty service centers, they give you a brand spanking new device as an exchange. All wrapped in plastic and flawless

Never tried out Nokia care. Don't have a second phone to use for a week. Oh, but also, the ATT replacements don't have Nokia's front facing camera fix. So you'll get dust in the lens after a few weeks. Seems like Nokia care is the only way to fix that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos