Free 25$ app credit for Lumia 928

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
yea you cant use it on Windows 8, or even on Xbox.com. I'm assuming that is becuase they havent updated their website yet. Maybe if you are running windows 8.1 i will work on there... I haven't installed the preview so IDK. Part of me wants to let it go and see and if i lose it contact support then with my screen shot and be like WTF gimme my $30 back :p

Yea, I will do that tonight, make a screen shot.... JUST in case...

I have Windows 8.1 preview on my tablet (just Windows 8 on my desktop), I found no way on both of them to be able to use the Microsoft credit :(

Microsoft said that the cash on your accounts will be able to use on all devices...hmmm

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Are we sure the $25 free app credit expires? I never actually saw that written anywhere officially by Microsoft. Does someone have a link? Because today I logged into my account at commerce.microsoft.com and saw the remaining balance of my $25 free app credit there and the expiration date explicitly states "none".

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

That's interesting. The terms clearly state expiration on 09.29, but in our Microsoft accounts (commerce.microsoft.com), it clearly says that they do not expire. I'd also like to hang onto my remaining balance more, but I also don't want to lose the money. Do I roll the dice and not spend the money and hope it doesn't expire, or do I play it safe and use it all up before 09.29 (even though I'd be buying a lot of games and apps that I'm not 100% excited about)?

Also, several people have said you can use the money to buy Xbox 360 or Windows 8/RT apps, but I haven't seen it show up as a method of payment in those stores. How have you done this?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts: Use it for its intended purpose. Buy phone apps. Support phone app developers who can be incentivized to make more phone apps.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok if this is wp8 only what are the apps that you guys recommend buying? I only have 6gb left but that's another problem

If it can be used with rt what do you recommend? Thinking about halo but I have it for the phone already

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just really cant find anymore apps that i want to buy. I've spent $20 all apps except for HALO. + money doesnt grow on trees, If i can use it for something i was going to spend money on anyway id rather save the cash.

From what i've seen, GTA V could be released on demand on 9/27/13

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love when people complain about the price of a $1-$5 app (most of them), yet they'll pay $50, $60, $70, sometimes hundreds, per month, for a phone with a data plan. Often they're the ones who wants apps to all be free, and then they want the ads to be gone.

/S

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem spending money on apps, like i said. I dont see any that i dont already have that i want. I'm not going to spend money on things i dont want/need, and i usually dont hesitate to buy an app i want.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If you don't redeem the card on your Microsoft account the card will expire on 9/29/2013. But it should not expire once the card is redeemed. Should sit in your account till it is used up. In other words, in 12 days if you have a card that you have not entered, it will be no good.

On that page the fine print says this:
"Claim your code by July 7, 2013. Code must be redeemed on your Windows Phone in the Wallet application by September 29, 2013. Unused promotional gift code funds will also expire on September 29, 2013. See Terms & Conditions for details."
So, you have to claim it by July 7th, and redeem it by September 29th. We all agree on that. But then you say that unused funds will not expired, but the fine print implies that it does expire: "Unused promotional gift code funds will also expire on September 29, 2013". That is why most people in this thread assume they'll lose any remaining funds if not spent by the end of that day. However, if you log into your account on commerce.microsoft.com you will see that the funds are listed as having no expiration, which supports your claim, but contradicts the fine print on the page you linked. Thus, we are all confused.

I have no problem spending this money on apps: and I've already done that. Bought tons of apps and games. The problem is that my wife doesn't care at all about apps or games so she has a huge remaining balance that she could slowly use up but it would take a year (as new apps are being released). There is no point in her buying a bunch of apps she doesn't need or like, so it would make sense for her to hold onto the money and spend it at her own pace. On the other hand, if the money really does expire on the 29th of this month, then she'd be better off spending it (which would also benefit developers, rather than Microsoft just reclaiming the money).

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On that page the fine print says this:
"Claim your code by July 7, 2013. Code must be redeemed on your Windows Phone in the Wallet application by September 29, 2013. Unused promotional gift code funds will also expire on September 29, 2013. See Terms & Conditions for details."
So, you have to claim it by July 7th, and redeem it by September 29th. We all agree on that. But then you say that unused funds will not expired, but the fine print implies that it does expire: "Unused promotional gift code funds will also expire on September 29, 2013". That is why most people in this thread assume they'll lose any remaining funds if not spent by the end of that day. However, if you log into your account on commerce.microsoft.com you will see that the funds are listed as having no expiration, which supports your claim, but contradicts the fine print on the page you linked. Thus, we are all confused.

I have no problem spending this money on apps: and I've already done that. Bought tons of apps and games. The problem is that my wife doesn't care at all about apps or games so she has a huge remaining balance that she could slowly use up but it would take a year (as new apps are being released). There is no point in her buying a bunch of apps she doesn't need or like, so it would make sense for her to hold onto the money and spend it at her own pace. On the other hand, if the money really does expire on the 29th of this month, then she'd be better off spending it (which would also benefit developers, rather than Microsoft just reclaiming the money).

HAHA thanks for reading for me. That is clearly what it states if you dont use the code by the 29th it will be lost. If you have redeemed the code you are good. Reading is hard.

+1 to you sir.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I read it as the code is what expires on the 29th if not redeemed. The funds themselves do not expire if redeemed, but expire on unused cards.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Microsoft that says it expires on the 28th not 29th. I just spent all but $0.04. I purchased EVERY angry birds lol. I wish there were more like geoDefense and geoDefense swarm those games are awesome.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
yep time for me to start spending. I haven't even used it yet, I keep accidentally charging my debit card instead of the promotion card...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Microsoft that says it expires on the 28th not 29th. I just spent all but $0.04. I purchased EVERY angry birds lol. I wish there were more like geoDefense and geoDefense swarm those games are awesome.

Did you e-mail microsoft asking them when its going to expire? I really have a hard time believing that the funds will expire. Especially since billing.microsoft.com shows that it wont.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i haven't received anything on any of the e-mails i used to get the codes.... Do you have an x-box and have you converted your MS points to the Microsoft account? Maybe that process changed the terms of the funds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers