Free 25$ app credit for Lumia 928

DaBeard

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
September 29th, thanks for posting this, I totally forgot about those funds expiring this month, lol. Time to go on a spending spree, YAAAY!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I keep reminding my wife to use hers, but she probably still has a balance of $25.00. :straight:

I still have $40 left and I started with a $75 credit (My wife had a 928 for 1 week, I had my 928 then it was defective so they replaced it)....the problem is, I picked up all the apps that I wanted (think I have gotten 10 new games alone), Now I just gota pick up any and everything...

How to blow $40 in the Store...Hmmm....now that my MS points converted on the xbox, can I use it on my xbox ?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to check this? I got mine on release day, but I paid full price for mine. I thought there was a stipulation that you couldn't pay full price? (I paid full price to keep my unlimited data plan.)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I still have $40 left and I started with a $75 credit (My wife had a 928 for 1 week, I had my 928 then it was defective so they replaced it)....the problem is, I picked up all the apps that I wanted (think I have gotten 10 new games alone), Now I just gota pick up any and everything...

How to blow $40 in the Store...Hmmm....now that my MS points converted on the xbox, can I use it on my xbox ?
I had a total of $100. I've long since used $75, and registered the other $25 for my wife on her 822 (I've had four 928s). I know you couldn't use the credits anywhere but in the Phone Store before, don't know if that's changed, though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought one app that was 29.99. MRLevel3. Most people won't get any use out of it, but I used to be something of a weather geek, and a storm spotter, so it could be useful to me. If I ever join another storm spotting agency, it'd get use, and I probably wouldn't have bought it without the credits, unless I did actually join a weather spotting group. To me, the whole object of spending the "money" on apps was to support developers.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a total of $100. I've long since used $75, and registered the other $25 for my wife on her 822 (I've had four 928s). I know you couldn't use the credits anywhere but in the Phone Store before, don't know if that's changed, though.

My account showed $40 but, I had 9410 Xbox points so they converted it, so now it shows my converted xbox money AND Windows Phone credit combined now. So that is why I was wondering. I guess I'll try to talk to Microsoft to see...

Can anyone confirm 100% that they will take the expiring money first when used on the xbox ? If that is the case, I will use my $40 and just buy the season pass for GTA 5...(I was not going to get it) that comes out in a week and 1/2

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My account showed $40 but, I had 9410 Xbox points so they converted it, so now it shows my converted xbox money AND Windows Phone credit combined now. So that is why I was wondering. I guess I'll try to talk to Microsoft to see...

Can anyone confirm 100% that they will take the expiring money first when used on the xbox ? If that is the case, I will use my $40 and just buy the season pass for GTA 5...(I was not going to get it) that comes out in a week and 1/2

Did you ever find out the answer? it does specifically say APP credit, and cant even be used for music on the phone... My balance is close to $100 now on my microsoft account, like $65 from MS points and $35 from app credit. I just dont want to buy the season pass and then i lose the $35 on the store. Ill use it on the store if i have too, but if i don't i would like to take advantage of it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever find out the answer? it does specifically say APP credit, and cant even be used for music on the phone... My balance is close to $100 now on my microsoft account, like $65 from MS points and $35 from app credit. I just dont want to buy the season pass and then i lose the $35 on the store. Ill use it on the store if i have too, but if i don't i would like to take advantage of it.

No but, I will try to get on the chat tonight...

Interesting... I logged into my Microsoft account where it shows my credit and it says "Your Microsoft account has $0.00 USD expiring within 30 days, details listed below."

Then I see my credit (I have $40.72 from my 928 credit)...
Account Balance
Expiration
$40.72 USD
none

So, it's saying that this credit does not expire... Interesting...I have to get on a chat with Microsoft support to find out the deal on this...

I also thought that you could use these credits for Windows 8 marketplace but, Not sure how...

On the xbox, it shows my Microsoft credits (that I had on my 360) AND my Windows Phone credit all in one... so I am assuming that I could use it for the 360..

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing too showing i have nothing expiring in 30 days and even shows that the money that i have from the Lumia 928 promotion as never expiring.

I have 30.44 left from the 2 $25 codes i got for the two 928's i purchased.

MS account.JPG

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing too showing i have nothing expiring in 30 days and even shows that the money that i have from the Lumia 928 promotion as never expiring.

I have 30.44 left from the 2 $25 codes i got for the two 928's i purchased.

Interesting, I guess one of us should get on Microsoft support to see what the deal is here. If it's not going to expire, I'll hold on to it a little longer. I was trying to see if I could buy some Windows 8 apps (that MS seemed to say you could) with some of the funds but, I can not find a way to do that.

With the xbox one coming out and COD ghosts (season pass no question), I will spend some money in the Xbox marketplace but, I dont want to lose the points if they expire..

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
yea you cant use it on Windows 8, or even on Xbox.com. I'm assuming that is becuase they havent updated their website yet. Maybe if you are running windows 8.1 i will work on there... I haven't installed the preview so IDK. Part of me wants to let it go and see and if i lose it contact support then with my screen shot and be like WTF gimme my $30 back :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077