I have paid my 3 euro and installed Navifirm+ (2.4) as I want to get away from my UK EE ROM (I actually use an O2 SIM card as I had it unlocked).
    I went into Navifirm and tried to download the ROM, but could find the Lumia 920 white so I downloaded the Lumia 920 black - will this make any difference?

I then installed the Nokia Care suite (patched) from the How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps! thread.

The instructions in there tell me to put the ROM in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products but I don't even have a c:\ProgramData folder.

Please help!!!!!!

All I want to achieve is to have a UK country variant Amber installed.

One other question, in order to retain immediate google email download (my company uses corporate gmail accounts) do I need to install the CV pre amber first, set up email then go through the phone for updates or is there a better way? If I do need the pre-amber CV, what is its product code?

I don't mind my phone being reset, in fact I am quite happy for that, get rid of all the rubbish I have accumulated!
    09-05-2013 03:44 AM
    If you installed in a certain folder, look for it and go put the ROM in there.
    09-05-2013 03:49 AM
    For setting up the e-mail, just go ahead and set it up after going through the Amber update. Chances are the OTA update will just push the EE Variant anyway.
    09-05-2013 03:50 AM
    you might need to goto C:\ProgramData\Nokia\ and make the last folder eg C:\ProgramData\Nokia and make a Packages folder and add to that a \Products folder.
    make sure your looking in C:\ProgramData and NOT C:\Programfiles\Nokia\Packages\Products

youll be much happier once you flash your new software, i bought a vodafone 920 from the uk but live in New Zealand so i flashed my local unbranded software, boot time and othe r stuff is awesome :)
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    09-05-2013 04:03 AM
    you might need to goto C:\ProgramData\Nokia\ and make the last folder eg C:\ProgramData\Nokia and make a Packages folder and add to that a \Products folder.
    make sure your looking in C:\ProgramData and NOT C:\Programfiles\Nokia\Packages\Products

youll be much happier once you flash your new software, i bought a vodafone 920 from the uk but live in New Zealand so i flashed my local unbranded software, boot time and othe r stuff is awesome :)
    Having installed the nokia Care program, I don't even have a c:\ProgramData!!!!!! I have c:\Program Files

Michael
    09-05-2013 04:47 AM
    Program data folder is hidden by default !!
    Having installed the nokia Care program, I don't even have a c:\ProgramData!!!!!! I have c:\Program Files

Michael
    09-05-2013 04:56 AM
    I've set my PC to show hidden folders and files and still don't see it. I'm running XP - does this make a difference?
    09-05-2013 05:39 AM
    @mmarksx19

I have an EE branded L920 and I simply updated via NSU retail to the Euro Dev Amber update.
    Went in first time with no problems.
    Have you tried this way yet?
    09-05-2013 05:51 AM
    Check this folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application Data\
    I've set my PC to show hidden folders and files and still don't see it. I'm running XP - does this make a difference?
    09-05-2013 05:56 AM