So,

I bought the charging stand with the built-in NFC a few months ago. I never really set up the NFC pairing, I think I may have played around with it a bit, but never really set it up. I do remember the dots on the top of the screen during the initial pairing. Fast forward a few months, I've now got a proclip car mount and I just bought some NFC stickers to slap on it to auto-start the CAR MODE app.

But, I can't get the phone to "see" either the stickers or even the charging stand. I've got bluetooth and tap+send turned on. Is there something I'm missing or is the NFC on my phone just dead?

I've tried a "soft reset". I'm very hesitant to do a hard reset, reading tales of bricked phones and re-installing all my apps and settings doesn't seem to fun either. I could take it into AT&T, but would that end up being the same as a hard reset in that I'd get a 'blank' phone in return?

I'm hoping that the GDR2+Amber update might fix this, fingers crossed it's not a hardware problem.

Any ideas?
    09-05-2013 07:02 AM
    Are you sture you got the right type of NFC stickers? There are different types.
    09-05-2013 10:28 PM
    These are the official Nokia stickers. That and it's not connecting to the NFC charging stand either.
    09-06-2013 05:51 AM
    NFC does not work on 1020 after updates. I don't know what update broke it, but mine does not work at all. My wife's 920 is on the same software and still world. Both dev preview
    01-11-2015 10:32 PM