Nokia Lumia 620 AMBER Update India released Now

srinu Adp

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Vodafone user from Bandra, Mumbai. My friend who has a Lumia 620 as well received the update somewhere in the 2nd week of September. However, I haven't received it till date and it's really pissing me off, because I need Data Sense to monitor my 3G usage. RM-846_im_india_233 anybody got a comment on this issue? It's October and still NO UPDATE! :/

same problem here

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem because my lumia 620 has firmware version of xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0001 and nokia has released update for xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 . So, I went to nokia care to update my phone to amber but unfortunately, they don't have amber update but they were having xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 as latest update. So, I updated my phone to xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 and guess what, I got the amber update through OTA 😊😊😊. So, it's my humble request to all the peoples who doesn't get the update to go to nokia care to update their phone to get amber or at least xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 otherwise you have to wait lifelong to get nothing. And don't blame nokia for not getting update because it's already in the market.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem because my lumia 620 has firmware version of xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0001 and nokia has released update for xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 . So, I went to nokia care to update my phone to amber but unfortunately, they don't have amber update but they were having xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 as latest update. So, I updated my phone to xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 and guess what, I got the amber update through OTA ?9?6?9?6?9?6. So, it's my humble request to all the peoples who doesn't get the update to go to nokia care to update their phone to get amber or at least xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 otherwise you have to wait lifelong to get nothing. And don't blame nokia for not getting update because it's already in the market.

Ofcse we should blame nokia, if .0002 was a required firmware for amber then they should have given the 0001 users that update via ota a long time ago. Not just that they didnt do that but they didnt even show .0002 was latest firmware cos in nokia india support page 0001 was the latest firmware until amber came out... So the blame is all on nokia and even after a month 0001 didnt even get updated to 0002 via ota.

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Ofcse we should blame nokia, if .0002 was a required firmware for amber then they should have given the 0001 users that update via ota a long time ago. Not just that they didnt do that but they didnt even show .0002 was latest firmware cos in nokia india support page 0001 was the latest firmware until amber came out... So the blame is all on nokia and even after a month 0001 didnt even get updated to 0002 via ota.
you are have wrong info because on support page before amber rolled out, xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 was shown as the latest version available. So, xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0001 versions will not get update through OTA for sure. And nokia is not saying 0001 version can't get amber, you can go to nokia care and update process only takes 20-25 minutes, so stop blaming nokia.

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
If you all peoples are going to nokia care to update your phone, make sure you have make back up from settings option because your phone will get reset. Backup will restore contacts, messages, your settings and all apps you have before reset, starts downloading on their own.

P.S. : Restore Back up option only comes when you start your phone after reset. It will pop up when sign in to your Microsoft account. Restoration process will be carried out on your data connection, not wifi network and you can't change that ☹, but it will be of 2-3 mb, i guess because it contains list of apps, contacts and settings. When restoration process is completed, all your apps starts downloading, then switch to wifi network and if wifi is not available then switch off data connection and download pending apps from store when wifi is available.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
you are have wrong info because on support page before amber rolled out, xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0002 was shown as the latest version available. So, xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.0001 versions will not get update through OTA for sure. And nokia is not saying 0001 version can't get amber, you can go to nokia care and update process only takes 20-25 minutes, so stop blaming nokia.

I dunno about u, but as far as support page goes i am quite sure it was 0001 as latest firmware and i had even checked with nokia care during that time to make sure.... and besides as i said if .0002 was the required firmware for amber then they should make it available as an ota update for 0001 devices but they havent yet. Infact they havent even acknowleged the issue anywere. And all of us dont live near a nokia care centre either.....

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I dunno about u, but as far as support page goes i am quite sure it was 0001 as latest firmware and i had even checked with nokia care during that time to make sure.... and besides as i said if .0002 was the required firmware for amber then they should make it available as an ota update for 0001 devices but they havent yet. Infact they havent even acknowleged the issue anywere. And all of us dont live near a nokia care centre either.....
here is the web archive of the support page on 17 august 2013. And it clearly shows 1030.6407.1308.0002 firmware version before amber for Lumia 620 in india and it's status is coming soon. 0001 is the obsolete version so, amber won't come out for this version. Your phone should be running 1030.6407.1308.0002 for getting update through OTA.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130817...ware-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pacific/

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
here is the web archive of the support page on 17 august 2013. And it clearly shows 1030.6407.1308.0002 firmware version before amber for Lumia 620 in india and it's status is coming soon. 0001 is the obsolete version so, amber won't come out for this version. Your phone should be running 1030.6407.1308.0002 for getting update through OTA.

Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

You still didnt answer my question... why did they never update 0001 to 0002 via ota?

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
You still didnt answer my question... why did they never update 0001 to 0002 via ota?
this thread is about amber update, not about 0002 update. I am here to inform peoples why they don't get amber update because i was having the same problem. I think i have given sufficient information about update process and restoration process etc.

P.S.: I am a nokia user not a nokia employee why are you asking me that question. I am not here to fight on such petty issues. Sorry bro, if i said something wrong.

Last edited:

akashj

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 620 yesterday night around 10 PM. Working fine after update. Data Sense, Flip to silence, Glance Screen etc. working great.

New version in my phone is

OS vesrion: 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision number: 3046.0000.1329.2001

In extras+info menu, it shows the software release as "Lumia Amber"

I'm from Bangalore and update thru WiFi.

What was your OS version & Firmware revision no. before update. Mobile JuryMobile Jury: We do in-depth, concise & un-biased mobile reviewsMobile Jury.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
this thread is about amber update, not about 0002 update. I am here to inform peoples why they don't get amber update because i was having the same problem. I think i have given sufficient information about update process and restoration process etc.

P.S.: I am a nokia user not a nokia employee why are you asking me that question. I am not here to fight on such petty issues. Sorry bro, if i said something wrong.

Who said we are fighting? :) You had the info and i had the questions. Also if there wasnt a 0002 update then there wont be 15 pages on this thread mostly saying "i didnt get amber yet on my 620" so ofcse if amber is related to 0002 then so is this thread and is the right place to ask question about it.
I have been waiting for the update for over a month and i can wait another month if i had to but its just that i have recently moved out of my city and were i live now there aint a nokia care anywere close to me (atleast a 100km away)... so it would untolerable if they asked me now to go to nokia care to update now as they said its not neccessary then......

Ashutosh Kumar2

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
netpack is not working properly on my nokia lumia 620 what to do??all time it show that there is some error we are trying to fix it but still same problem is there and no updates are showing for my phone??what to do plz help me and give some advice...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Somebody plz guide me on how to flash gdr2 on 620 via Nokia Software Updater for retail.......i have downloaded the firmware...what will happen if i flash,how long will it take,etc... Thanks

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

My dear friend, when I asked Nokia customer care executive about .0001 and .0002 firmwares, they said that, both the firmwares are same- having some batch differences only. So, there is no need of an update to .0002, you will get the update. Also they said that the update will be available by the end of September. Today is October 2nd. Now they said to wait till 15th October. Why don't blame them. And, if we adopt the customer care way of update, even though we have a backup, we will loose lot of things. I have stored lot of books in 'ISILO'- a reader which can not be uploaded to cloud or sd card, lots of downloaded files in download manager etc. And if we have to flash our mobiles, what is the importance of OTA..? Hope you understand something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720