Nokia Lumia 620 AMBER Update India released Now

Varun Vivekanandh

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
0002 can't be updated by otg(very large file 1.26 gb)
only after updating 0001 to 0002 amber will available
do 0002 update via NSU or through nokia care
amber update not available at nokia care can be done via otg only
but nokia care will update to 0002

Varun Vivekanandh

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This is the Replay from
NOKIA CUSTOMER CARE MAIN OFFICE

Dear Varun,

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care. The Service Request No. is 1-14675027129

This e-mail is in reference to know availability of Amber update for your Nokia Lumia 620. I value the importance of information requested by you and I am happy to assist you.

In response to your email, I would like to inform you that the Amber update has been rolled out officially for all Windows Phone 8 devices. However once you get the pop up of update available you will be able to update the device software as well via Wi-Fi.

As this update will be available you will be notify in your device.(Menu> Settings> Phone Update)

Further, you may note that Amber will not be updated by Nokia Care Centre.

Kindly let me know if you require any further help or information.

Thanks & Regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx
Nokia Care Representative
India

NOKIA Support Services:

1. Find the nearest Nokia Care Centre: Type “NCC<space>City Name” and send it to 55555* (e.g. NCC DELHI)
2. To book an Appointment with Nokia Care Centre, visit Nokia Appointment - Nokia - India
3. Online Support: Support - - Nokia - India
4. Protect your Nokia Device -Buy Nokia Extended Warranty by visiting the nearest Nokia Care Centre
5. Warranty Terms & Conditions: Support - - Nokia - India
*Premium SMS charges apply

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Have successfully flashed my phone to.002 via NSU,the got amber update via ota...,now running amber ;).my sincere advice to all of u who are on .001 is to update to .002 via NSU.....u will get amber...why wait

P098

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have successfully flashed my phone to.002 via NSU,the got amber update via ota...,now running amber ;).my sincere advice to all of u who are on .001 is to update to .002 via NSU.....u will get amber...why wait
can you please tell me how you did it? what is the procedure? Please help us:)

Last edited:

Varun Vivekanandh

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
WARNING
DO IT with YOUR OWN RISK
ALL DATA & APPLICATIONS WILL BE DELETE

Download Nokia Software Updater for Retailer (Copy and past below link in address bar and hit enter to download)
http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/Nokia_Software_Updater_For_Retail_3.0.8.exe
1 Install it
2 Backup all your Nokia Lumia Content to PC (Photos, documents, music, etc)
3 Remove memory card
4 Run Nokia Software Updater for Retailer
5 Click Upgrade
Nokia Software Updater for Retailer will Download Nokia firmware 0002 Files from Nokia Server (Approximately 1.26GB for Nokia Lumia 620)
Wait until downloading process complete
Starting flashing process, do not unplug your Nokia Lumia
Wait Until all process finish

The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation.
Don’t worry if your phone restarts several times during the process, that’s completely normal.

dwane18

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Here is the thing me and my girlfriend bought our 620 from same carrier which is digicel and we are in Jamaica. When I turn on my phone I do not get the splash screen with carrier name and logo but it comes up on my girlfriend's own. My girlfriend's firmware is 004 mine is 002. On the support page they say the firmware is 004. I checked for an update last night and there was one I updated my 620 and there were no changes on my phone. At that time it was saying coming soon, now it is saying available today October 03 2013 and I am not getting any update. Please give me some help and answer.

Arun PR

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
NSU didn't detect L620 in Windows 7 64-bit machine.. had to use a 32-bit Windows 7 to upgrade to .0002 firmware.. Then was able to install Amber update.. :)

Arun PR

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
No it will work with Win 7 64 bit PC...i have upgraded to .0002 thorough same configuration....

It didn't work in my machine.. went through some blogs to know that, I need to try on 32-bit..
anyways we need to have .0002 for amber update.. thts what the discussion is abt.. :)

puneet sharma3

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello guyz I have a problem, When I installed .002 through NSU

After that (Thank U for Choosing Nokia) screen comes,

Then I click accept button and after that Nothing Happens

I restart again and nothing happens

What to do now???

Moshel Erulkar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So for those on .0001 firmware to get amber update, have to upgrade to .0002 first??? and it also means resetting the device!!!! So much for claiming OTA updates....

I called up nokia CC and the guy told me not to do anything until you get the notification directly on your phone. The dumb guy also said that even if I go to nokia care, they will download the update through wi-fi only!!!

btw do game saves, 3rd party app settings also get backed up when we turn the on the backup in the phone?

P098

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and flashed .0002 firmware which went super smooth and after that i was promptly notified about the amber update. Now Im running amber update on my L620.

P098

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Just download Nokia Software Updater Retail 3.0.8, install it, connect your 620, it will show you the available .0002 update, start downloading the firmware which is of 1.26GB, after which it will install itself, you dont have to do anything, on my 620 i removed the SIM card and memory card and didnt have any PIN lock so it just installed itself and restarted. Installing firmware will removed ALL the data on you phone. After that turn your WiFi ON, and check for updates, it will show the amber update, download it. Then update the system apps like audio,display,extra etc

Nishant Agarwal

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I tried to update my firmware using NSU but after downloading it checks for the preconditions to update and it fails saying 'Something went wrong There was an error. Please try again. Error code: Internalerror'
I tried many times with flight mode enabled and without SIM card too but same error is coming again and again.

Please help!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers