Do I need to flash my unlocked att Lumia 920? Will it get the ota amber update? Compatible with T-Mo

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, simple questions, just to confirm.
1, have a unlocked att Lumia 920 plan to use with ptel, lycamobile, or T-Mobile. Will it get the att ota amber update when it's available?
From googling, should be yes.
2, is this phone compatible with T-Mobile 4g and/or hspa speed? From reading, it has the 1900 band and should be compatible. Correct? Do not care about lte and don't need it.

So hoping could just unlock the att Lumia 920 and maybe use it with t-mobile $30 plan or ptel or lycamobile and wait for the att ota amber update without flashing the phone.

Sent from my lumia 521 using Tapatalk

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It will update when the update comes out. The AT&T 920 is compatible with t mobiles lte but not the HSPA+ on the AWS band unless you flash it with different firmware

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It will update when the update comes out. The AT&T 920 is compatible with t mobiles lte but not the HSPA+ on the AWS band unless you flash it with different firmware
I was looking for the t-mobile lte and hspa+ requirements. and according to these pages:
Nokia Lumia 920 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LTE Frequency Bands | T-Mobile Support
4G Overview | T-Mobile Support

Looks like the att lumia 920 actually has 1700, 1900 and 2100, all the frequencies that needed. Anyway, if I can at least get basic 4g, that might be sufficient for a while.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for the t-mobile lte and hspa+ requirements. and according to these pages:
Nokia Lumia 920 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LTE Frequency Bands | T-Mobile Support
4G Overview | T-Mobile Support

Looks like the att lumia 920 actually has 1700, 1900 and 2100, all the frequencies that needed. Anyway, if I can at least get basic 4g, that might be sufficient for a while.
I set my sisters up and got LTE no problem on T Mobile. Unfortunately I didn't have time to flash the euro dev rom / Rogers rom to try and enable the AWS HSPA before she left for the UK (plus I live in a refarmed area)

etjr

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I was going to Ask the same, i unlocked a Lumia 920 for Tmobile glad to head the OTA update will still work from a different Network. Is the Rogers firmware gdr2 best for Tmobile if I don't wait for OTA?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss