Share by Bluetooth issue

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem when attempting to share files via Bluetooth on my 920. It has been like this since day 1 but I was hoping an update would fix it but after installing gdr2 and Amber, the problem is still present.

If I choose to share a file and then select Bluetooth, it takes me to the 'Choose Bluetooth Device' page but I'm unable to scroll down the list. I can only see the names of the first 7 devices, the 8th device name is only partially visible as it's at the bottom of the screen. With a little careful finger placement, I can choose the 8th item but any device below that is inaccessible. When the 'Choose Bluetooth Device' page initially loads, a scroll bar briefly appears on the right hand side but it's just not possible to scroll downwards.

Is anyone else having this problem, more importantly, are there any fixes/workarounds please?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You need to first pair the target device using your bluetooth settings, then it'll show up on top :), if you already have a bunch of devices paired, delete some.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You need to first pair the target device using your bluetooth settings, then it'll show up on top :), if you already have a bunch of devices paired, delete some.

Hmm that seems a bit backwards as the devices are already paired. I can't be the only person in the world to pair my phone with more than 8 other devices. It should be possible just to scroll to and select any device on the list.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try re-pairing to see if that helps :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm that seems a bit backwards as the devices are already paired. I can't be the only person in the world to pair my phone with more than 8 other devices. It should be possible just to scroll to and select any device on the list.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try re-pairing to see if that helps :)

I bet there are 34.56 million other people like you ;), I've faced the problem and found that the solution I posted is 1 way of sorting it :)

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think you can try to scroll near the right side of the screen, where the scroll bar normally appear, instead of scrolling at the center of the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss