Hope for Double Tap wake up in Lumia 620

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Today (06.09.2013) after i updated my display+touch from the update, I opened the touch settings and it showed me this in a flicker
wp_ss_20130906_0014.png

This picture showed just a milisecond and i tried several times to capture it and finally succeeded it. When clicking the 'touch' option in the 'Settings' and soon after the 'Loading' sign appears, it just showed up for flicker and then showed the normal touch options (high and normal).
This could very well mean that
1) in L620 it was just disabled by Nokia though it was possible.
2) Future update could bring about that functionality to L620

Anyone experiencing the same? Please let us know especially the experts in these fields

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Everytime when I load it, it gave those update...

But there is an update now for Display+Touch, so everything is now in the main menu of Settings

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Amber installed on your 620?
I have, and all the other updates. There is no double tap!
just read it carefully, the double tap functionality is not there but if you have updated your 'display+touch' you will find when you open the 'touch' setting, soon after 'loading' it will flicker to show the screenshot posted

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Agree with you Dragunov2 coz Asha 501 and even (according to those who have used it Nokia N9) has that functionality hope to get it done by next update (of course battery has to suffer )

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Then we buy a better one at Mugen ;)

And it's also in the explanation, that battery has to suffer.

I think cause the Phone stays in some kind of state, the hardware for the 'touch' has to stay active to 'feel' the double tap

MTL32

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I did notice the flicker as well on my L620... I updated the latest Display+Touch yesterday and it's still here today... My take is, that the L620 can have double tap to wake and it was planned to be released with Amber, but at the last minute Nokia pulled the plug for the 620 and 720... If so, they probably did it to differentiate higher LXxx devices from the lower ones...

Hopefully, I'm wrong...

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I hope u are wrong indeed! ;)

They Always lie to us consumers!!!

Radio is not possible cause the chip is not present, some did a research and audio chip is present, even the connection to the ears...

I think they are afraid to add this, cause the connection is in the backpanel and are afraid the sound is not very clear, but then they said the connection between the Phone and the backpanel is solid.

They also say the cannot add double tap to 620 cause the hardware is not capable...

So they keep lying to the consumers and we all take it!!!

They just better add everything possible for us, we know we have less memory, a processor not as fast and such, that's the difference in the price we pay, not the software!

It's the same with computers, the software is the same for every computer (Windows 8 as base, not speaking about Media Center or Enterprise) with the same hardware more or less, maybe a pixel more or less, maybe a faster HDD, but if u buy the complete package, then the software on every computer is the same.

So a HP is not gonna have less software than an Acer if u use the same Windows 8

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
But there is a connection between the case and the Phone, aslong as there is a connection there is contact and the bits can flow and such.

It's the same if u take a battery and a lightbulb, the positive pole of the battery to the + of the lightbulb, negative pole of battery to the - of the lightbulb, it gives light.

If u add a switch between battery and lightbulb and u close it, there is light, so if u compare the switch to the connection between the case and Phone, so if there is a connection, then there is light, I mean transfer

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I was incredibly disappointed when they announced tap to wake and glance weren't going to appear on the 620. I understand that the 520 and 625 don't have the right screen tech for them but the 620 has the same type of screen as the 820 iirc so it should be eligible for the features. I hope it's not artificial differentiation on Nokia's part...

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Glance we have...

But it's possible it's artificial differentiation on Nokia's part...

So they sell more high end phones.

Cause if the mid end phones can do the same of the high end phones (just with less storage and a weaker cam), then more of them gonna buy a cheaper Phone.

Or the big gap in price cannot be justified if mid end phones and high end phones can do the same... only a small difference in price can be justified caused by the faster hardware and the bigger storage in the high ends.

I also have the Pro Cam on my Phone (620) and Nokia also said it's not possible, cause of the software and the hardware of the 620, but the software just does the stuff it needs to do and my 620 can handle everything!

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the 620 on AIO wireless, (A day old) I woke up from a nap to find 7 store updates, including extras+info, and my touch settings now say: "Ouch, there aren't any settings here currently, a firmware update should fix this"

interesting.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the 620 on AIO wireless, (A day old) I woke up from a nap to find 7 store updates, including extras+info, and my touch settings now say: "Ouch, there aren't any settings here currently, a firmware update should fix this"

interesting.

thats peculiar, its GDR2 or GDR1, Touch settings should have 'touch sensitivity setting' which must have already been even before, try soft reset by pressing power button +volume down. hope this fix it or if its not yet GDR2 just wait for it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb