Weird problem with speaker and sound

Gryt

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello

Got my Lumia 925 a few days ago, everything worked fine in the first two days, however today it's been starting to act strangely.
The problem now is that just some specific sounds are playing from the speaker, though every sound comes out from headphones.
What will play is notifications from any app, speaker when calling and ringtones when someone calls me. What won't play are music from any player, sampling ringtones in settings, any sound in browser, youtube etc..

I have tried to reset my phone with completely restored settings, flashing my phone to the latest firmware (3049.0000.1330.0001), none of these worked.

Any ideas of what the problem might be? :unhappysweat:

jabels57

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i had a similar problem with my 920, it was a problem with the headphone connection, thinking that there were headphones connected, so sound would be diverted to them.
I tried resetting my phone plugging and unplugging different headphones with no joy, ended up having to send them off for repair.

Gryt

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
If that was the problem, wouldn't the radio play then? since it needs headphones plugged in. When i tried with headphones connected and play through the speaker it does not work either.

Gryt

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright, i guess you have the answer to my question. Dolby headphone option is on which i think only works when having the headphones connected.
Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss