Taking a photo freezes the phone?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This is a very strange issue. I bought my wife the Neo, and she is digging it (having convinced her to ditch the Galaxy S3-victory), but after loading a good number of apps I recommended along with a few she found on her own, the phone crashes after taking a photo. Not using any lenses, just the default camera app. Snap a photo, turn off phone for a few seconds, then the phone won't turn on anymore.

To add to this, today it shot a couple corrupt JPGs (half images, garbled other half), so I brought it into the store for an exchange. I was now convinced it wasn't simply a software conflict, and that it may be hardware. Mostly because I couldn't find anyone else with this issue on several message boards. I swapped it, did a full restore from backup, and BAM-same issue. I started to uninstall apps looking for the rogue app issue. No luck so far. Right now, I've restored to a clean (no apps, just text messages) backup, and will start installing apps slowly.

It's pretty weird. Have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. This is marring the WP8 experience for her.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to reset the camera in settings>applications>phone and camera? I assume your camera is working fine after a reset, its a process to find out what breaks it and you just have to keep taking pics after each app install.

PerspectiveRuns

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue, every few photos or so I have to take out the battery (it's randomly turned off again) and do a hard reset. No corrupt pics yet though. Currently a larger problem is that I let my battery run down yesterday (no pictures involved), and it now won't take a charge at all. The red charge light isn't on, and I left it charging all night just in case- no luck. Tried various outlets and charging cords, same thing. Hard reset a few times as well.

Any suggestions?

kromatico

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So i seem to be having the same issue with my Neo. I traced the problem to my FFC (front facing camera). Only when i use the FFC and let the phone go to sleep or turn off the screen myself does it lock up. Doesnt matter if i exited the camera or not. Only way to resolve the issue is to pull the battery and turn it back on. Using the rear camera has no negative effect. Not sure if i want to wait and see if Samsung releases any kind of patch (assuming they acknoledge the issue) or return it to Sprint for a replacement.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So i seem to be having the same issue with my Neo. I traced the problem to my FFC (front facing camera). Only when i use the FFC and let the phone go to sleep or turn off the screen myself does it lock up. Doesnt matter if i exited the camera or not. Only way to resolve the issue is to pull the battery and turn it back on. Using the rear camera has no negative effect. Not sure if i want to wait and see if Samsung releases any kind of patch (assuming they acknoledge the issue) or return it to Sprint for a replacement.

Better return it as its not the way its supposed to work, when you buy a phone it has to be 100% functional and it shouldn't be like "If I don't open that default app, my phone will run fine" ;)

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue, but mine is with the main camera. I hardly ever use the toward facing camera. They couldn't find a problem in store. The replacement phone arrives tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos