Ringtone Volume, can I Lock it??

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with my 925:smile:, with the exception of a few issues. One of them is accidentally lowering the Volume; I normally hold my phone from the sides and next thing I know someone is calling me and the phone does not ring. Eventually I realise I have laccdentally owered the volume to zero.
Is there a way to Lock the Volume, at least for the ringtone? Any other solution?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it's a universal volume control. One for all and all for one. I'll bet with time you'll adjust and not hit the volume button. Or at least I hope you do.

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I hope I will. Maybe down the line this could be changed, like having the ringing volume controll adjusted separatelly in the menu where the ringtone is selected. I belive all my previous Symbian Nokias had it like this, it worked well.

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree - most stupid - remember Iphone antennas - they had to change in the end. Hope lots and lots write in about this.

Plus the OFF button is also exactly where you hold the phone - Oh to be able to strangle these toy designers - ruined a really good phone

Eberhard Schulze

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Fully agree - very stupid design.
The three buttons on the right hand are at the most stupid position.
Having missed a great number of calls, I have no options but going back to one of the oldies!
Its a shame really ...

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure this will be fixed in the incoming updates. They can't just leave it like that. For me to able to hear the calls in my big home, I must set it to 25/30, so even the dial pad tones get very loud and annoying, it's just not right.

A system like the N9's volume control in the upper bar would be awesome.

Parmid

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Too optimist, mate. March 2014 and they have still not sorted out the issue with buttons on the wrong side of the phone.

mikho

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I think that the people who designed the buttons on my Lumia 925 have never held a handphone. My old Nokia N8 was much better.
To get around the problem with the volume, I bought a Lumia 925 plastic case. I then cut a strip of plastic and taped it over the volume button. It is not perfect but I don't keep missing calls now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa