Syncing Outlook.Com email occurs @ 2am daily?

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I use outlook.com for email and can only set this to daily? It goes off at 2am - Not good!
How can I change this to manual sync as I have that option for my gmail?

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
go to settings>email+accounts....click on your outlook account... click download new content and change the interval... 15mins, 30mins, hourly, daily

also you can manually update from the outlook tile by pressing sync... the icon with the two arrows...

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing, I cannot change it to manual? I can only change to 15 mts, 30 mts, daily, hourly.......
I can change my Gmail to manual but not Outlook?

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I want to also note I have no option to sync contacts, calendars or tasks as I was researching possible solution online without any success?

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If it is your primary account, you will not have those options because it will sync that by default. I know what you are saying, and see it also, but it will still sync. So you should have calendar and contacts already even if it does not show those checkboxes.

Now - I too wish WP8 had "quiet hours" setting but alas not at this time. The only suggestion I have is to turn off notifications for new emails or alternatively put your phone to vibrate mode before hitting the sack.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I recently changed my primary to Outlook.Com from Gmail, although I use Gmail more often as I am getting use to the interface with outlook.com.

How do I turn off notifications? Just uncheck email in sync setting?

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
One more quick question....If I go back into Outlook 2010, change my primary back to Gmail, will that allow me to manually sync both gmail and outlook.com?

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
With the release of IMAP for Outlook.com, here is what I noticed. If I set up a second account for Outlook, it names it Outlook 2 on the Lumia. I then, now have choices to manually sync and all the other options I want for syncing such as calendar, tasks, etc....without setting up a second acct, you cannot have these choices and cannot sync manually. So, when I had sync daily, I received my emails at 2am.

Question - With the main account, it is set to sync daily, meaning, I will get emails anytime in the day? Again at 2am? Can I just un-check the sync email box and not worry about it or because this is linked to my other accounts, will I mess things up?

I am looking to either modify current setting for main account (which I cannot figure out) or do just add a second account? If I add the second account, will I use more battery drain?
Really just want the best option to set to manual syncing.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
One more quick question....If I go back into Outlook 2010, change my primary back to Gmail, will that allow me to manually sync both gmail and outlook.com?

I did this earlier today when I was messing around with my e-mail accounts and it did allow me to turn everything to manual after I changed my gmail to to primary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)