Photos getting tinted/blurred after Preview in Amber

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've noticed this very recently. After updating to Amber, I found that there are drastic changes in photo quality. When I take a photo, it previews it for about 2 sec and then gets saved to Camera Roll. While the previewed image looks good and matches the view, the one getting saved is not the same. I noted that most photos I take are getting blurred and tinted with green inside Camera Roll. I don't know why this happens as the image looks perfectly on preview. At first, I thought it was a problem with Pro Camera app but later found that the same happens for the default Camera app too.

To prove this, I took screenshots of preview and made 3 side by side comparisons. They are given below and you can notice the change in colors and the sharpness between the preview and the original.

sc2.jpg
sc1.jpg
sc3.jpg
sc4.jpg
sc5.jpg

Again, I'm not sure whether this is a problem with Amber. I have never felt the photos being altered before and this is the first time I'm starting to notice these issues. I already googled and found a thread here but that wasn't very relevant. Moreover, I want to confirm whether this is a bug or not. So, can someone please tell me if this is just me thinking weirdly or is it actually a problem with the camera SW?

Note:- I've already posted a detailed post on my blog and I hope this helps for a detailed explanation to the problem I'm having: Camera bug in Lumia 920 after Amber

Updated 29th September: Two more pics added. The second one was taken from another thread in WPCentral. I took it cause it made the problem very clear.

Updated 19th September: Here are the links to other threads on WPCentral mentioning the same problem. The first one has more comments and pics for your eyes to see.

1. Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update started by Jump_Jet
2. Picture quality worse after amber update? Lumia 920 [POLL] started by Jonatz

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey
Even I am facing the same issue with nokia pro cam on my 920. The problem is due to a post processing software in pro cam. This bug keeps making me alternate between the default camera app and pro cam
I guess we have to wait for nokia to issue an update
Sigh

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey
Even I am facing the same issue with nokia pro cam on my 920. The problem is due to a post processing software in pro cam. This bug keeps making me alternate between the default camera app and pro cam
I guess we have to wait for nokia to issue an update
Sigh

So, you're saying that you are only having trouble with the Pro Cam app? I'm having the same post-processing artifacts for both apps. Haven't tested other apps though. But this seems like a big issue to me. I will post to Nokia forums ASAP after my exams. Meanwhile, I need to know whether anyone else also has the same problem.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So, you're saying that you are only having trouble with the Pro Cam app? I'm having the same post-processing artifacts for both apps. Haven't tested other apps though. But this seems like a big issue to me. I will post to Nokia forums ASAP after my exams. Meanwhile, I need to know whether anyone else also has the same problem.
Everyone has this problem, not only in 920 but also others with amber

JuxtapoZ

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130910_008.jpgwp_ss_20130910_0002.jpg

I dont know if it is the Amber or some small update or what, but I reset my phone to factory and still got this . this is taken with the normal cam app
the one on top is the one in camera roll , below is the screen at preview

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 42761View attachment 42763

I dont know if it is the Amber or some small update or what, but I reset my phone to factory and still got this . this is taken with the normal cam app
the one on top is the one in camera roll , below is the screen at preview

Same problem. Well, did you try checking extras+info in Settings? See if it is Lumia Amber there. Either case, this is a common problem. So far, no one else has responded. No one even confirmed this problem.

Flipp0

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Got my L920 last week. Very unsatisfied with photo quailty so far. Looks perfect on preview, but then they turn yellowish. :cry:

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Well, did you try checking extras+info in Settings? See if it is Lumia Amber there. Either case, this is a common problem. So far, no one else has responded. No one even confirmed this problem.

No one else is responding because people caught this bug when amber was released about a month ago. This issue has been discussed to death in the forum and pro-cam threads. You are tiny bit late to the party. ;)

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Nah, I saw other threads too and I've commented there too. I admit that I was late. But since the activity paused at that thread, I thought I should post it in a bit more expanded manner. I've posted a thread at Nokia Discussions recently and I was notified of a firmware update but that didn't fix the issue.

Still, I'm curious that not a single major WP discussion area (like WPCentral) raised the issue. I've sent a few tips but no response. Many others tried too. I wonder why are they not posting about this. Anyway, I hope Nokia's en route to a fix.

P.S I mentioned the other threads at the beginning of my thread. Just to let you know that I was aware. ;)

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I also installed Nokia Pro Cam on my Lumia 720 and found the same bug. Also photo quality has got worse after Amber Update. Photos clicked from default cam app are more noisy, blurry, less sharp than before the update and also yellowish. Low Light photos are like clicked from a 5 year old cam. All deep orange.

mohitswaroop111

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am also getting issues with my 920 pics. Earleir they used to be crisp, clear and sharp. Now , they are blur, noisy and not as expected :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've noticed this very recently. After updating to Amber, I found that there are drastic changes in photo quality. When I take a photo, it previews it for about 2 sec and then gets saved to Camera Roll. While the previewed image looks good and matches the view, the one getting saved is not the same. I noted that most photos I take are getting blurred and tinted with green inside Camera Roll. I don't know why this happens as the image looks perfectly on preview. At first, I thought it was a problem with Pro Camera app but later found that the same happens for the default Camera app too.

To prove this, I took screenshots of preview and made 3 side by side comparisons. They are given below and you can notice the change in colors and the sharpness between the preview and the original.

View attachment 42509
View attachment 42510
View attachment 42511
View attachment 44571
View attachment 44572

Again, I'm not sure whether this is a problem with Amber. I have never felt the photos being altered before and this is the first time I'm starting to notice these issues. I already googled and found a thread here but that wasn't very relevant. Moreover, I want to confirm whether this is a bug or not. So, can someone please tell me if this is just me thinking weirdly or is it actually a problem with the camera SW?

Note:- I've already posted a detailed post on my blog and I hope this helps for a detailed explanation to the problem I'm having: Camera bug in Lumia 920 after Amber

Updated 29th September: Two more pics added. The second one was taken from another thread in WPCentral. I took it cause it made the problem very clear.

Updated 19th September: Here are the links to other threads on WPCentral mentioning the same problem. The first one has more comments and pics for your eyes to see.

1. Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update started by Jump_Jet
2. Picture quality worse after amber update? Lumia 920 [POLL] started by Jonatz

I also have the exact same problem. Pictures are very nice and sharp right after you take it and then the post processing destroys the picture after 2 seconds. It became yellowish. If you tried to use the front camera, see how you will look like a simpson.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss