New pictures of sexyness appear!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys keep it on topic or take it to pms.

Personally I like the look of the device and hope they have a mid-size device in the works. But Nokia recognise, like Samsung, that choice is king.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys keep it on topic or take it to pms.

Personally I like the look of the device and hope they have a mid-size device in the works. But Nokia recognise, like Samsung, that choice is king.

The device looks good. Size shouldn't be an issue. I have seen Galaxy Mega 6.3 and despite having CHEAP plastic it looks good. The only phablet that i found odd is Xperia Z Ultra, which looks too big like a mini tablet. If the overall size of this device despite having 6 inch screen is smaller than Note 2 (as rumored), then it will be an all round winner.

I think Nokia should also launch a 5.0 version of this device with same hardware and camera specifications, in order to compete with Xperia Z1

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree. Probably he wants a smaller device with the same specs, so he wants to prove Nokia is wrong making such big devices and he feels the urge to express himself in this way when he finds out that actually there are many people demanding this kind of device. If I need to look like a clown to get a device I like, then I suppose I will be a clown. Never really cared about what others think, I want a big device coz it better suits my needs.

I think the 'too big' argument is useless, especially in the tablet era.
I don't want to buy a tablet because it won't fit my purse (the one I normally use for my wallet, keys and cellphone and other stuff) and because I don't want to waste money for 2 different mobile devices that can potentially enable me to do the same things.

Phablet is the perfect match for my case, and I think it is for many other clowns.

Devices could be made in a wide variety of dimensions, and each one would have people that would find a good use for it. And each one would have people that say it is impractical.

Some people would love a 3" device. Others would say that it's too small.

Everyone lives a different life, and what one person may label as impractical can make perfect sense for another person.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Let me guess, you're one of those people that thinks a car can't be sexy. So a Ferrari GTO, Shelby Cobra, McClaren F1, or any other isn't sexy? Riiight.

Sexy can also describe inanimate objects...

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=SEXY

While sexy is in the eyes of the beholder, I find it disturbing when people, who are almost always male, anthropomorphize and fetishize inanimate objects. As an anthropologist though, I do find it interesting that, in the Western world, the objects of desire identified as sexy are perceived as being large or powerful.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Devices could be made in a wide variety of dimensions, and each one would have people that would find a good use for it. And each one would have people that say it is impractical.

Some people would love a 3" device. Others would say that it's too small.

Everyone lives a different life, and what one person may label as impractical can make perfect sense for another person.

That's the very reason 'is too big' a useless argument when commenting about a phablet. It's like saying that a tablet is crap because is a tablet, because I can't understand the needs of who uses a tablet. Saying 'phablet is too big' is a personal matter, and more over it's not related to a specific device (in this case Lumia 1520). There were already many topics about this in general section.

I think a proper disliking comment would be "I don't like the shape/specs/OS/price/specific feature of this phablet".
Well, of course anybody is free to say what they want, even "I don't like this phablet because it's a phablet", and of course others are free to think what they want of such a comment.
Far worse is to criticize the users or the needs of the ones who would buy a product, inside the very section of the product.

But this is going to be philosophy.

A more practical way to think would be : others (Samsung for example) manage to sell phablets, so making a phablet is the right choice to have the highest possible variety of kind of products to steal, for example, Android costumers. This is good for the whole echosystem.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You sound insecure.

If you really were okay with other people liking it, then you wouldn't make insulting comments about people that would use it. No need to label people as clowns.

Looking at what people wrote, you seriously over reacted. People said the phone wasn't for you and you responded like they insulted you. Strange behavior.

I think it will fit in loose pockets. A "man purse" or other accessory may be necessary if the pants being don't fit it. But people who choose to do that probably are secure enough about themselves to not worry about it.

Actually, the person sounded sarcastic in the original comment, not insecure. People around here should never visit New York City or Philadelphia ((or most of the northeast and Mid-Atlantic region if they can't handle a little sarcasm. Those coming off as insecure are the ones who seem upset with someone joking that it looks like a clown phone. Personally I agree that all of these oversized phones look ridiculous. I am not going to pick on those who want one (to reach their own) but if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm and the occasional joke directed at your choice of a very visible and oversized fashion accessory, you really might want to buy something less conspicuous. People make jokes about Galaxy Note owners, and it was even one of the memorable lines/images in a rather popular Windows Phone commercial a few months back. Why would you expect that an oversized Windows Phone would be immune from such comments? If any people need to deal with insecurity, it is those who can't take a bit of harmless sarcasm.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
While sexy is in the eyes of the beholder, I find it disturbing when people, who are almost always male, anthropomorphize and fetishize inanimate objects. As an anthropologist though, I do find it interesting that, in the Western world, the objects of desire identified as sexy are perceived as being large or powerful.

Dude, there are TONS of things perceived as sexy in the Estern world that I find very very very disturbing (if not sick) :cool:
And even more interesting to study for anthropological reasons than the "bigger is better" factor ...

Btw I think what you misunderstood the reason the world "sexy" was used. I think these photos were perceived as sexy not because the size of the device, but because it's thin, for its specs and for its shape. In this case, I think "sexy" was used with the meaning of "cool" or "good". So the anthropologically speaking I think it's not related to the "bigger is better" factor. A 4.5" device would be perceived as sexy in the Western too, with the same shape and specs.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the person sounded sarcastic in the original comment, not insecure. People around here should never visit New York City or Philadelphia ((or most of the northeast and Mid-Atlantic region if they can't handle a little sarcasm. Those coming off as insecure are the ones who seem upset with someone joking that it looks like a clown phone. Personally I agree that all of these oversized phones look ridiculous. I am not going to pick on those who want one (to reach their own) but if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm and the occasional joke directed at your choice of a very visible and oversized fashion accessory, you really might want to buy something less conspicuous. People make jokes about Galaxy Note owners, and it was even one of the memorable lines/images in a rather popular Windows Phone commercial a few months back. Why would you expect that an oversized Windows Phone would be immune from such comments? If any people need to deal with insecurity, it is those who can't take a bit of harmless sarcasm.

I totally do not agree with you, this is the perfect way for troll shielding :)

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Chillax dudes.

Big people big hands big pockets big phone big differences for everyone.

And for the record he likened the phone to something a clown might have ie; outlandishly big to suit his nose, hair, shoes and pockets - not that clowns would buy it.
It's well known that clowns only buy phones that have Rednose instead of Bluetooth.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Seems like one of us is already sporting this massive sexy beast.
And it seems it's got an SD slot.
Source: My Nokia Blog, via: The Verge.
View attachment 42525
View attachment 42526
View attachment 42527
View attachment 42528
View attachment 42529
View attachment 42530
And if you look closely there's those misterious 5 pins on the back, along with the ZEISS branding instead of Carl Zeiss, just like the 1020.
What do you think of this?

mother-of-god.gif

tumblr_mdn379FVn31ro2d43.gif

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Now, I'm not normally one who likes phablets, but I think this device is so good looking, it might just convert me.

I honestly believe that, if Microsoft can continue to support the device with future updates, AND it has wireless charging out of the box, this could be one of the best phones ever made.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a right to say it's crap as much as you want to make love to it,
you post here at your own risk, this ISN'T a mutual admiration society if you
want that kind of approval call your mum. The phone is huge it's not practical if
you want to carry a purse for you phone, that's cool, if you think it's the perfect size good for you
you have a right to your opinion. Starting a thread doesn't make you king of the thread, a forum is
about putting forth ideas and OPINIONS.
It's a HUGE phone that a clown would use as a prop as you can see...
View attachment 42553
to each their own.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Look, this phone is too big for me as well. What's the point of criticizing a device that wasn't made for you? Isn't it easier to just start looking for other devices instead of losing time with something that wasn't meant for you. It's what I do. I'm looking for a 5" LUMIA with WP8.1, so I am aware that I'm probably not the best person to judge this device. Guess some people just have to loudly express their opinion about every subject...

Last edited by a moderator:

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, quality of posts on WPC is going downhill as WP catches on.

Anyways, I am still hoping my next Lumia phone will have built-in wireless charging and no camera hump. I want and updated 920 essentially.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear Microsoft/Nokia/God...

- If you add more official apps/games, like "Instagram, Candy Crush etc" and improve Facebook, for example... I WILL SELL RIGHT NOW MY IPAD MINI JUST BOUGHT AND BUY THIS BEAUTY...

:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)