925 or 920 on Att?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
That black 925 is mighty tempting on att. Anyone go from the 920 to 925?

Howd you like it?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would you? Seems like an expensive move for looks and thinner phone.

BTW, not trying to be mean. Just seems a little odd to me someone would go from one to the other.

speedy_klaxton

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Just gone from a 920 to 925 and there definitely isn't enough difference to warrant spending lots to make the move.

I got a bit bored of the 920 and always like the 925 so when the opportunity came to get a 925 for ?280 brand new I took it (sold 920 for ?240, so cost me ?40 altogether to switch).

925 is nicer in the hand in my opinion but I miss built in wireless charging, though the covers solve that problem if you're happy to use one!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Cannot say much about att but I'm one of those who went from a 920 to a 925. Was really contemplating if i should shell out money for it since it really appealed to me. Problem solved when my network gave me one as part of their loyalty program. Didn't really mind the storage since most of my stuff are in the cloud anyway. Love the profile of the phone

sent from within the depths of my brain

jbailey77

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I like the 920 way better than the 925. It feels better to hold, easier to use, and the signal strength is much better on the 920.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I would wait for some feedback from AT&T users after it has been out for awhile. For now, I wouldn't trust a signal strength comparison even if both are on the same network with one unlocked. Unlocked phones can have quirks when used off of their original network. The best comparison would be two AT&T phones on the AT&T network. I will be watching the feedback closely because my wife may want to upgrade if she likes the trial 520 I am getting for her. It will be her first smartphone experience and she has an upgrade on her line if she wants to use it. Microsoft is running a great deal on the 925 with a free wireless charging cover starting today.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I missed jbailey77's other thread. Apparently he has the AT&T version of both phones. Hard to tell if his 925 is defective but if that becomes a consistent theme and doesn't get fixed by some update then the 925 ceases to be much of an option. Have T-Mobile customers found it to get poorer reception than the other T-Mobile phones they have used?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My 925 has excellent reception. I work in concrete server rooms underground a lot of the time and still get 2-3 bars and lte. My old quantum would get nothing.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Made the switch and I really like the display on the 925 vs the 920. I haven't had signal issues and I never really used wireless charging on my 920. I wouldn't pay a huge amount to switch but if it's within reach I'd say go for it!

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
None of them. I rather buy international phone than one phone from AT&T. I don't care about the LTE because if you buy it from AT&T you get the LTE but you have to spend more on Data if you want that LTE speeds to last. Once you get to your data limit which is fast using LTE you are fu$%^ up and have to pay more or get an expensive plan. Give me an international phone and i'm happy with HSPA+ or 3g plus you can buy it unlocked and if a Lumia it comes with Data Sense to monitor your data if you want. At the end is going to be cheaper than doing business with AT&T.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
None of them. I rather buy international phone than one phone from AT&T. I don't care about the LTE because if you buy it from AT&T you get the LTE but you have to spend more on Data if you want that LTE speeds to last. Once you get to your data limit which is fast using LTE you are fu$%^ up and have to pay more or get an expensive plan. Give me an international phone and i'm happy with HSPA+ or 3g plus you can buy it unlocked and if a Lumia it comes with Data Sense to monitor your data if you want. At the end is going to be cheaper than doing business with AT&T.

Nope, I've been grandfathered into unlimited lte as well. Pays to stick with a provider, been with att for 20 years.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
All things being equal I would always go with the latest technology, no matter how trivial the improvements may seem. The 925 has less memory but has full AT&T Locker support. I understand that some 920 users have access now but I was just informed by AT&T support that the 920 is not an AT&T Locker supported device. What works on the 920 now may not work after the next update. Also, the delay in releasing the update for the 920 that the 925 already has may well be due to undisclosed hardware issues that AT&T has identified. I notice that not all GDR2 updates have been uneventful on other Nokia devices and some updates have been suspended. That puts the delay for the 920 in context for me. GDR2 and amber are a already on the 925 and function without issues. As with all devices the idea is to get the most value possible during its entire product life. Going forward, assuming the signal issues are isolated cases, the 925 seems like the best choice to me on AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium