Unknown "objects" on my Lumia 1020 display when showing black screen

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the lines ( like fabric) are the same problem. I thought the Amoled issue is more blobs and trails that show up when you're looking at a black screen in an unlit room. My replacement phone no longer has that issue, so it does vary from phone to phone.

elnacho82

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the lines ( like fabric) are the same problem. I thought the Amoled issue is more blobs and trails that show up when you're looking at a black screen in an unlit room. My replacement phone no longer has that issue, so it does vary from phone to phone.
yes it's the same, is called MURA efect.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 has these. They aren't big, but still are noticeable on completely black screens in the dark. Bugs me a bit, but my understanding is that this is unfortunately a very common thing that occurs on Amoled display. Although it's not impossible to get perfect screens without them, from what I've read across the net you're lucky if you get a perfect screen.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 also has few them dark splodges towards very top its easily noticable at night in dark if cover the glance clock ,my 925 however is perfect or my eyes rubbish,
i have a nokia 700 zeta thats also showing some dark structure in places at night when cover the lockscreen clock ,myself i also just thought it was due to manufacture the displays and digitizers in being bonded together as one unit.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this on my 1020. I have a slight 'blemish' in the top corner that shows when the phone is booting but it's not a problem as it doesn't affect my usage of the phone.

elnacho82

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Peple, one month after i changed my 1020 and can tell you that the new has the threads also, to a lesser extent, but it has it. I recommend that do not change it

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I get the same blemish towards the top of my Lumia 1020 when camera is turned on in darkness... Should I go to my Nokia Care Centre to have an exchange?

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have that on my 1020 as well...and I'd say "blob" is a good term. For a little bit I thought there was something wrong with my eyes.

I only see it on glance screen and not during normal usage...so it doesn't bother me at all.

Massimo Fossati

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post, so I take one line to greet everyone.
I have the same issue on my phone (the black stripes are alot, it seems like a sort of painting, as someone has shown in photos). The fact that I can see is that on the stripes I have almost perfet black: in the other zones of the screen, in the dark, the screen is all but black (It seems no more that an LCD, with better performance). To make a comparison, the 820 of my girlfriend is darker, brighter and with better white and view angle too.
It is normal for an amoled screen to be not so black in dark? (should be the screen all black as it is for the black stripes?)

Greeting,
Massimo

i2386

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have had 3 Nokia Lumia 1020s all in 1 week (all different faults) I can also confirm that every one I had also had this small black blob or bloch near top left part of screen when viewing black background on phone in the dark. My current Nokia 1020 also has this plus a round doughnut black blob in centre of screen. I think they all have it, a manufacturing process. It does not bother me as hardly notice ii 99% of the time.

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Do not need to send it, it is normal. Current super amoled screens have it due to manufacturing process. This problem was reported on nexus 5 and some other new phones with amoled. Black is also no so deep like on the galaxy s or s2, we get now higher resolution, better performance in direct sunlight and lower power consumption..
Sent from my RM-875_eu_poland_956 using Tapatalk

Brandorak

May 28, 2014
Visit site
All phones have tiny imperfections. My phone has it as well, only notice it in on the glance screen when my room is totally dark. Now if you had a bright green stuck pixel or something truly distracting, I'd empathize with you more. It's a common imperfection for AMOLED displays, so try not to focus on it.

This is a first world problem. But you do have the right to exchange it if you really want to, just remember those that exchange phones need more customer support and hence raise costs for everyone.

Abel Aquino

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
me too have the same thing that its quite annoying whenever my lumia 1020 is at glance mode at night. i have noticed it for the first time i turned it on and a bit nervous that it could be possibly be a burned led. the colors are not affected though but its still giving me worries of thinking that one day my screen would just turn black all out. so any comments about this thing so far?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion