Some screwups with the Alarm Clock

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, Here's the deal.

I have an alarm set for 6.30AM for 5 days a week.

Here are 2 bizzare scenarios I came across.

-Other day I set a custom tone for my alarm (Lets call it A), and that same was assigned for my ringtone, I changed my ringtone (to B?) and removed the tone "A", for 2 days the alarm didn't ring but the phone vibrated, not enough to wake me up. I fixed it by changing the tone to something.

-Yesterday, phone was at about 28%, I kept wifi on, turned on battery saver and went to sleep, guess what, alarm didn't ring?

I mean this is crazy, anyone else or just me?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Here's the deal.

I have an alarm set for 6.30AM for 5 days a week.

Here are 2 bizzare scenarios I came across.

-Other day I set a custom tone for my alarm (Lets call it A), and that same was assigned for my ringtone, I changed my ringtone (to B?) and removed the tone "A", for 2 days the alarm didn't ring but the phone vibrated, not enough to wake me up. I fixed it by changing the tone to something.

-Yesterday, phone was at about 28%, I kept wifi on, turned on battery saver and went to sleep, guess what, alarm didn't ring?

I mean this is crazy, anyone else or just me?

First one by removing tone "A" do you mean removing it completely off your phone? If so then that makes sense. Your alarm can't play something it doesn't have. So im guessing it just went to vibrate, and fixed itself when you changed ringtones.

As for your second situation I noticed you said you turned on battery mode. Leave it automatic. If it's on im guessing the phone doesn't really perform any background tasks to "save battery" and so it skips your thing. Only leave it when your battery is low; hence automatic settings. Someone please correct me if im wrong but yeah that's my guess

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Man, the phone alarm should ring regardless of the battery saver mode, my Boss is a nice person so it was okay if I reached late for work.
Can anyone else confirm?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Man, the phone alarm should ring regardless of the battery saver mode, my Boss is a nice person so it was okay if I reached late for work.
Can anyone else confirm?

Mine didn't ring once. But just once. Haven't faced this issue after Amber update even with low battery.

gireeshdn

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I also faced a similar problem. After installing and testing "Ultimate Alarm pro" app, the default installation alarm app started work again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon