Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

samsul

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Could you expand on this i.e. the steps you took to achieve this? I'm considering the deal on Clove but I think an extra ?60 plus a ?15 unlock fee is worth it for a 64GB model.

This is what I would do to get the Lumia 1020 from O2:

1, Go via Quidco (?50 cash back at the moment)

2. Select the 3G tariff (600mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data) at ?12.00 a month

3. Pay ?99 up front for the phone, leaving ?20 a month over 24 months

4. When you receive the phone fill this form in to get it unlocked free: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%3DHandset%2BUnlocking%2BForm&token=i3k_4R0K

5. Then call O2 customer support within 7 days to cancel your airtime contract and at this point they will ask you to pay remaining of the phone contract (?20 * 24) by credit or debit card

If everything goes well you should have an unlocked 64MB Lumia 1020 ( with accessories) for ?530

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is what I would do to get the Lumia 1020 from O2:

1, Go via Quidco (?50 cash back at the moment)

2. Select the 3G tariff (600mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data) at ?12.00 a month

3. Pay ?99 up front for the phone, leaving ?20 a month over 24 months

4. When you receive the phone fill this form in to get it unlocked free: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%3DHandset%2BUnlocking%2BForm&token=QCY7RDSt

5. Then call O2 customer support within 7 days to cancel your airtime contract and at this point they will ask you to pay remaining of the phone contract (?20 * 24) by credit or debit card

If everything goes well you should have an unlocked 64MB Lumia 1020 ( with accessories) for ?530

Great plan - I think that's what I'll do! Thanks very much! :)

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The O2 offer is valid until 25th. 24 hours later Nokia launch the 1520: Nokia's 6-inch Lumia 1520 reportedly launching on September 26th | The Verge
which is surely of interest to potential 1020 owners.

I suspect I'll be doing an order as close as possible to the deadline and doing a cooloff if the 1520 grabs me.

ALSO:
If the refresh works to plan, you could get an even cheaper deal by selecting either of the top two plans (22 or 27 month). Then you'll pay:
89.99 + (24x20) - 50 = ?520

Guess it depends on whether you get wacked for the 1st month of your contract. In which case, on ?22 it'll work out the same). Worth the gamble. Mixed reports of people actually getting charged for it.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you do this within the next couple of days report back on how it went; I would love to take advantage of this but I don't want to be stuck with two phone contracts if something goes wrong!

Sure, will do! :)

The O2 offer is valid until 25th. 24 hours later Nokia launch the 1520: Nokia's 6-inch Lumia 1520 reportedly launching on September 26th | The Verge
which is surely of interest to potential 1020 owners.

I suspect I'll be doing an order as close as possible to the deadline and doing a cooloff if the 1520 grabs me.

I'm sure the 1520 will be great, but that size of phone doesn't really appeal to me. Also with the length of time it took the 1020 to come to the UK after the US launch, I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't launch here till early 2014.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
By the way - with the free accessories, do you think they'll come with the phone, or is it more likely that we'll have to redeem these from Nokia afterwards?

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just so you're aware, I just got an email from O2 about the dispatch of my 64GB Nokia Lumia 1020. Expected delivery is 3-5 business days (so, I should get it before the official 25 Sep UK release date).

EDIT: Parcel No is coming up on UK Mail as invalid, so i'm trying to find out from the when delivery is expected so that I can take the day of work to be home and receive it (at least that's my excuse lol). I'll let you know what they say.

Last edited:

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had an email from O2 as well. They're saying that my 1020 is on its way and delivery is due tomorrow. It's coming via UK Mail and the tracking number shows it as collected. I'll post back if it actually arrives.

I did call O2 and the advisor wasn't sure why it was being sent before the release date. Fingers crossed.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had an email from O2 as well. They're saying that my 1020 is on its way and delivery is due tomorrow. It's coming via UK Mail and the tracking number shows it as collected. I'll post back if it actually arrives.

I did call O2 and the advisor wasn't sure why it was being sent before the release date. Fingers crossed.

Cracked me up.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Ii was also initially told tomorrow (24 hours).

They later said delivery 25th as that's when the device is available. I however find it hard to believe they'd dispatch it today for delivery 25th (considering their email says 3-5 days).

Where did you enter your order number on UK Mail's website? as a Consignment Number, or Reference Number? I've tried both, but both are coming up as invalid.

I raised this with O2, who said it'll only be visible on UK Mail once I get a text from O2 about dispatch (which I find odd as I got an email confirming dispatch and parcel number). Did you get a text?

I think i'll give them a call to talk to a British person "voice-to-voice" (the guy support guy on O2 Chat was Indian)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Salem874, go to "manage your delivery" at the top right of the uk mail site and enter the consignment number and your postcode.

Yes, I got an email then a text.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Salem874, go to "manage your delivery" at the top right of the uk mail site and enter the consignment number and your postcode.

Yes, I got an email then a text.
Ah right. Thanks :)

Mine has not yet been collected, so no ETA listed either.

When did you place your order? Just trying to work out if the dispatch is on a first-come-first-served basis.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah right. Thanks :)

Mine has not yet been collected, so no ETA listed either.

When did you place your order? Just trying to work out if the dispatch is on a first-come-first-served basis.

I placed my order on Friday, the day they released the pre order at 8am. I was waiting for the line to open.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I placed my order on Friday, the day they released the pre order at 8am. I was waiting for the line to open.

Same as me then, although mine only went through at about 11am.

I've just received my text, quoting delivery tomorrow. I've had to postpone it however as I cant take time off work at such short notice, so mine will only be delivered on Friday.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Same as me then, although mine only went through at about 11am.

I've just received my text, quoting delivery tomorrow. I've had to postpone it however as I cant take time off work at such short notice, so mine will only be delivered on Friday.

That would literally kill me. I'll update tomorrow when I hope to have mine. I hope the accessories aren't a coupon deal to be claimed.

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Also recevied a dispatch notice, delivery set for tomorrow. I was told the 'bundled' accessories will be available and would be sent out on release day, hopefully this means with the phone even with an early release.

Last edited:

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I also got the delivery text from O? but I presumed it was for the SIM, not the phone itself. Would be awesome if it is the phone of course, just can't see O? breaking the embargo somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo