Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Got a text saying mines been delayed. Thought maybe they had realised their error and stopped them being delivered but It's now scheduled for the 18th.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the white one but O2 haven't got the white 64gb one for some reason. I toyed with the idea of a yellow one but decided I couldn't be bothered to keep it clean all the time. My blue Lumia 800 picked up all of my grubby fingerprints, so I kinda guessed the yellow one would be worse (and I didn't want to have to keep a cover on it like what the iSheep are forced to do).

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the white one but O2 haven't got the white 64gb one for some reason. I toyed with the idea of a yellow one but decided I couldn't be bothered to keep it clean all the time. My blue Lumia 800 picked up all of my grubby fingerprints, so I kinda guessed the yellow one would be worse (and I didn't want to have to keep a cover on it like what the iSheep are forced to do).

You mean the 64GB 1020 is only available in Yellow?
Thats pretty bad as I don't like matte finish phones in any color.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
You mean the 64GB 1020 is only available in Yellow?
Thats pretty bad as I don't like matte finish phones in any color.

No they've got the yellow and black ones only at the moment. Just had a text from UK Mail to say that my delivery has been delayed until tomorrow. When I asked if it was the SIM or handset, the guy on their customer care line seemed fairly certain it was the handset as well. However he couldn't understand what had caused the delay and thought it may have been due to a delay at O?'s end so maybe they're trying to stop early shipments. Which seems rather mean of them!

Hopefully folks will get theirs today still though to prove me wrong.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I would LOVE a 64gb 1020 but there is no way on this earth I would go to O2. It's an annoying trend all these carrier exclusives, I know why they're doing it and I accept that but I don't have to like it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would LOVE a 64gb 1020 but there is no way on this earth I would go to O2. It's an annoying trend all these carrier exclusives, I know why they're doing it and I accept that but I don't have to like it.

Wait for a month, these'll be popping up on Gumtree and Ebay like Crazy.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Got a text saying mines been delayed. Thought maybe they had realised their error and stopped them being delivered but It's now scheduled for the 18th.

Just had a text from UK Mail to say that my delivery has been delayed until tomorrow.

Yeah, mine is also delayed, so will not arrive on Friday (or so the text says). Really annoyed now as I'd arranged with my manager to get Friday of so that I can be home to receive my 1020 and get some "play time" with it.

What is going on?!?

EDIT (on chat with O2): O2 are claiming delay is due to shortage of stock, which i find hard to believe (sounds like a "get out" excuse to me). How can you dispatch an item, and promise delivery the next day, and hours later delay it due to shortage of stock? Surely the fact it was dispatched means my "goods" have been reserved, so much stock is secured?

I suspect they have just noticed they dispatched too early, and are trying to delay in slightly so they arrive closer to the release date, but dont want to tell us that. All i want to know is when it'll be delviered, I dont (really) care if it's been delayed to the 25th, as long as I know (well...i would care if i was the only one to get delayed til 25th lol)

Last edited:

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also delayed but the courier has confirmed that it is with them. The delivery date is now showing for tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This is what I would do to get the Lumia 1020 from O2:

1, Go via Quidco (?50 cash back at the moment)

2. Select the 3G tariff (600mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data) at ?12.00 a month

3. Pay ?99 up front for the phone, leaving ?20 a month over 24 months

4. When you receive the phone fill this form in to get it unlocked free: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%3DHandset%2BUnlocking%2BForm&token=nZfvod5C

5. Then call O2 customer support within 7 days to cancel your airtime contract and at this point they will ask you to pay remaining of the phone contract (?20 * 24) by credit or debit card

If everything goes well you should have an unlocked 64MB Lumia 1020 ( with accessories) for ?530

Is this a proven plan that actually works, or is it a plan that you HOPE it works?

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Tried to go and pick mine up from the local depot, but apparently it hasn't arrived there yet and was last scanned in Leeds. Doubt I'll get mine tomorrow .

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Well if yours is delayed then It's more or less points to O2 requesting deliveries be put on hold. I find it hard to believe missing a cut-off would result your Friday delivery being delayed.

allymonty

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone called today to arrange an upgrade (good timing!) managed to get -

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 2GB data with an additional 4GB when i get upgraded to 4g for free. 24 months. ?36 a month. Free sky sports for 6 months, free netflix for 6 months, free ?140 camera accessory kit and free ?120 wireless speaker.

Not a bad deal!

Edit: should also mention the phone had no upfront cost either!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750