Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

Presto

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone called today to arrange an upgrade (good timing!) managed to get -

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 2GB data with an additional 4GB when i get upgraded to 4g for free. 24 months. ?36 a month. Free sky sports for 6 months, free netflix for 6 months, free ?140 camera accessory kit and free ?120 wireless speaker.

Not a bad deal!

Edit: should also mention the phone had no upfront cost either!

Vodafone?

I spoke to them yesterday and they said that this phone isn't even showing on their system yet for a future release?

Was it direct or through a third party?

Thanks

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just received yet another "delivery delayed" text from UK Mail. I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to get one of these daily until next Wednesday!

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just received yet another "delivery delayed" text from UK Mail. I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to get one of these daily until next Wednesday!

Yeah that's probably what's happening.

Has your delivery estimate changed online yet? When i got my text yesterday, my delivery still showed as Friday (my chosen date), whereas other on here had theirs changed to today.

Ive not received such a text as yet.

Deff gonna call UK Mail/O2 today

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep, same here and It's becoming a bit of a joke. Wouldn't be so bad if they just came out and said 'sorry, we shipped them by mistake and are holding on to them till nearer the official release date' . Instead we're going to get a bloody text every day up until the 25th lol. Going to speak to O2 today and see if I can find out what's going on, managed to speak to someone yesterday and they didn't have a clue, just told me the phone would be with me today.

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
O2 chat - 'you'll definitely receive it today'
UKMail - ' It's been delayed and the local depot hasn't received it from the sorting depot and we don't know why. Phone back in an hour'

So all in all, a waste of time really.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a **** up on O?'s behalf and we'll get our 1020s next week as Nokia intended. I can't say that I'm that devastated by this, but wish that the carrot hadn't been dangled so temptingly!

allymonty

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone?

I spoke to them yesterday and they said that this phone isn't even showing on their system yet for a future release?

Was it direct or through a third party?

Thanks

It was a Vodafone rep who called me. The phone was on a preorder and will be shipped on the 25th or around then. I believe the deal itself was actually through Phones 4 U...bit confusing. It was a straight upgrade though, same number, same details etc...

Last edited:

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just had a nice chat with O2 about my Lumia 1020 that is haunting a UK Mail delivery warehouse somewhere. Transcript's below, might answer a few questions for some, and confirm our suspicions on how clueless O2 are about anything non-iPhone.

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'O2 : Amee'
Amee: Hi I'm O2 : Amee. How can I help?
Andy: Hi Amee. I placed a pre order for the new Nokia Lumia 1020 which is due to arrive next Wednesday. However I have received a bill for airtime already
Amee: I'll check that for you
Amee: Please help me with your full name and mobile number
Andy: Andrew ***** ******
Amee: Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.
Amee: Thanks for being nice:)
Amee: You must be aware that, as per the Standard Industrial practice, we charge one month line rental in an advace
Amee: **advance
Amee: and this advance line rental is calculated from the date of dispatch
Andy: But it hasn't been dispatched
Amee: Please be assured that your order has been dispatched on 16th september
Andy: No it hasn't. I have spoken to UK Mail who are to deliver it and they have not received the item from you. Why would it be dispatched already if it is not due for delivery until next week?
Amee: Let me explain that you in details
Andy: Please do
Amee: Please be assured that the order has been dispatched from our ware house
Amee: and once it is dispatched from our warehouse, your bill is generated with this date
Amee: and it takes around 5 working days for the order to be delivered
Andy: That does not tally with the information given to me by the courier. They claim that a delivery order has been made by O2, but they are yet to receive any items
Andy: And I was promised next day delivery when I placed my order.
Amee: It seems to be some mistake from their side
Amee: Let me now track your order for you
Amee: Please allow me a minute
Amee: It is taking time, please bear
Andy: Okay
Amee: Thanks for being nice:)
Amee: Please note that your order was set to be delivered on 17/09/2013 between 12:30 to 16:30
Amee: However, it has been delayed from their end
Amee: You can yourself track your order by clicking the below link:
Andy: When I spoke to UK Mail they said the delay was that they haven't received the item
Amee: Click here
Amee: You'll need your parcel number ******* here
Amee: What the best I can do for is that, I'll contact UK mail directly and reply you via an email about the status of your order
Andy: I have seen the same order tracking info and when I have spoken to UK Mail they are adamant that they have not received the parcel from you. The handset isn't due for release until next week so I understood this would be the case. What I didn't expect was to be billed by O2 prior to release date
Amee: Please help me with your email address
Andy: ********@******.com
Amee: Also, I can understand your point about not being billed for the time you haven't received the order
Amee: Thanks for the details
Andy: I have checked your website and it says "Pre-order by 4pm Monday 23rd September and get your phone on launch day - Wednesday 25th September." Why would you dispatch so early if launch day isn't for another week?
Amee: What the best I can suggest you is that, please contact us once you've received the order and then we'll credit you the amount, for the days, your order wasn't delivered
Amee: Let me check.
Andy: I am not the only person this has happened to. There are several instances on internet forums where they have received dispatch notes only to be told by UK Mail that O2 haven't released the phone.
Amee: I understand Andy.
Amee: I'm checking this for you.
Amee: Please allow me a few moments.
Andy: Okay
Amee: Thanks for being nice
Amee: it seems to be an error, as the launch date of lumia 1020 is 25th September
Amee: Your bill shouldn't have been generated now
Amee: I've now escalated this to our support team and once we get the reply from them, we'll get let you know
Amee: I appreciate your concern about this
Amee: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Andy: No thank you for your help. I presume that the bill will be altered to the 25th?
Amee: Yes, you're right
Amee: I must appreciate,you have been superb:)
Amee: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Andy: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No that's all thank you[/FONT]

I was both nice and superb! Yay me!

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just had a nice chat with O2 about my Lumia 1020 that is haunting a UK Mail delivery warehouse somewhere. Transcript's below, might answer a few questions for some, and confirm our suspicions on how clueless O2 are about anything non-iPhone.

That chat looks/sounds very similar to the one i had yesterday...

Amee: Please be assured that your order has been dispatched on 16th september
Andy: No it hasn't. I have spoken to UK Mail who are to deliver it and they have not received the item from you. Why would it be dispatched already if it is not due for delivery until next week?
Amee: Please be assured that the order has been dispatched from our ware house
Amee: and once it is dispatched from our warehouse, your bill is generated with this date
Amee: and it takes around 5 working days for the order to be delivered
Andy: That does not tally with the information given to me by the courier. They claim that a delivery order has been made by O2, but they are yet to receive any items
Amee: It seems to be some mistake from their side
Amee: Let me now track your order for you
Amee: Please note that your order was set to be delivered on 17/09/2013 between 12:30 to 16:30
Amee: However, it has been delayed from their end
Amee: You can yourself track your order by clicking the below link:
Andy: When I spoke to UK Mail they said the delay was that they haven't received the item

I must say, if UK Mail's excuse is that it hasnt been received by them, this doesn't sound right...

Given that I received the dispatch email from O2 at about 14:30 on Monday, and based on the status of my order on UK Mail (see attachment), the fact my order is listed as "collected" at 18:06 on 16/09/2013, I'd say this is when UK Mail received my goods at 18:06. So they cannot claim the delay is due to not receiving it from O2.

Attachments

• Screenshot 13-09-18 12_31_36.png
    Screenshot 13-09-18 12_31_36.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 5

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm going to stick with O2 once I receive the phone and get it unlocked/paid off - I tried to give them a call yesterday to find out if my order had gone through ok and I was on hold for about ten minutes on their SALES line (e.g. the number people are phoning to give them money!!)

It's a pity, they used to be brilliant for customer service.

jon1

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
That chat looks/sounds very similar to the one i had yesterday...

I must say, if UK Mail's excuse is that it hasnt been received by them, this doesn't sound right...

Given that I received the dispatch email from O2 at about 14:30 on Monday, and based on the status of my order on UK Mail (see attachment), the fact my order is listed as "collected" at 18:06 on 16/09/2013, I'd say this is when UK Mail received my goods at 18:06. So they cannot claim the delay is due to not receiving it from O2.

Ditto....
o2Conversation.PNG

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Just got off the phone with UK Mail (pressing option 1, about mobile phone) and theyve confirmed that the goods HAVE been received (confirming my speculation above).

Person i spoke to said there appear to be now reason why i'd be told there may be a delay. She has sent an internal email asking why I'd got the text, and for clarification on if my phone will still be delivered on Friday (as per my reschedule request). Said she should hear back within an hour, and that I should call back then.

I also mentioned to her that this appears to be a common issue. I explained that everyone who ordered this device from O2 got delivery ETA texts on Monday, advising of Tuesday delivery, then Tuesday getting another text of delay, followed today (except for myself) by another text about a delay with delivery tomorrow. She did say that is odd, so hopefully they look into it.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Just found an interesting bit in a post on the O2 forums (emphasis mine):

Same situation here. The delivery company (UKMail) says that they have "collected" the phone, but also that they "haven't received it yet" (!?#)...

Just talked to O2 customer services, and they say that although they have the phone listed as "dispatched", their system shows it as being on back-order with no expected stock date....

Then they went away, and came back confirming that it definitely had shipped and would be with me by 2pm today (which is 45 mins time).

I'm not hopeful. I think they've raised all the ship orders and then realised that they're not supposed to be shipping the phone until the 25th (but i'd be delighted to be proved wrong!)

Last edited:

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Just called UKMail myself, and they can confirm that the parcel is progressing through the network - should possibly be delivered today. I'm not holding my breath though.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a complete joke. O2 couldn't have messed this up any more.

I've also received a bill for a 1020 I don't have yet.

UK Mail have confirmed that they have my package but don't know what the delay is.

I can't get a straight answer from UK Mail or O2.

Basically our phones are sitting in a depot somewhere and it looks like O2 have told UK Mail not to deliver them yet.

Not at all happy.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm on chat at the minute with O2. Just been told that it's the accessories bundle that is delayed. I don't believe that. If I didn't want the 64gb so much I'd cancel and move to another provider.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm on chat at the minute with O2. Just been told that it's the accessories bundle that is delayed. I don't believe that. If I didn't want the 64gb so much I'd cancel and move to another provider.

II'm the same. Other carriers have better deals going but that extra 32gb is a must if the storage on my 920 is anything to go by. These carrier exclusive deals that Nokia is falling over itself to arrange are seriously harming any good will out there, both in the UK and the US it would seem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro