Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
II'm the same. Other carriers have better deals going but that extra 32gb is a must if the storage on my 920 is anything to go by. These carrier exclusive deals that Nokia is falling over itself to arrange are seriously harming any good will out there, both in the UK and the US it would seem.

I escalated the chat to a supervisor who sent me a link to the O2 site which showed the release date of 25th September. He bascially refused to explain why we have received emails and texts. O2 customer service is terrible. I'm seriously considering cancelling and taking a 32gb hit.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The latest from UK Mail is that there was a problem internally in getting the goods through their "hub", which has caused a 24 hour delay. But my Lumia 1020 WILL be delivered on Friday between 1:30 & 5:30 (we'll see)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The latest from UK Mail is that there was a problem internally in getting the goods through their "hub", which has caused a 24 hour delay. But my Lumia 1020 WILL be delivered on Friday between 1:30 & 5:30 (we'll see)

According to Samir from O2 it will just be the accessories pack. I'm even doubtful of that.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
According to Samir from O2 it will just be the accessories pack. I'm even doubtful of that.

so only the accessories arrive this week?

Just got off the phone with O2 and the person i spoke to also guaranteed my handset will arrive on Friday.

Could others waiting let us know if you get another "delayed" text in the morning, or if things start arriving?

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Well a helpful chap at O2 went away and spoke to some folk and got back to me this afternoon. Essentially he told me I wouldn't get the phone till the 25th, the couriers have the paper invoices for the shipments but not the physical handsets so they can't process them from the main depot. Of course as helpful as this guy was, he was truly confused at the start and maybe that's the best conclusion his source could come to.

Tempted to cancel , nearly . Not because I have to wait to the 25th but the farce surrounding the wait. Hopefully I'll not get a bloody SMS from UKMail tomorrow.

Last edited:

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
so only the accessories arrive this week?

Just got off the phone with O2 and the person i spoke to also guaranteed my handset will arrive on Friday.

Could others waiting let us know if you get another "delayed" text in the morning, or if things start arriving?

My UKMail tracking page still states "Delayed", with delivery on the 18th (Today). I rang the local depot earlier and they said nothing has been scanned in, yet the national depot say it has left them.

Edit: I never got a SMS from them apart from the initial one with the tracking number

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If this is the case, and nothing arrives on Friday I'm going to bee extremely pissed, especially as BOTH UK Mail AND O2 assured me my device WILL arrive between 13:30 and 17:30 on Friday, 20 September 2013 (if even carefully asked if they can guarantee it), as such I will continue as planned and be off from work to receive my order.

If nothng arrives on Friday, I'll essentially have to take ANOTHER day off work. Will UK Mail/O2 pay me for a days loss of work caused by them? I doubt it?!?

My problem is not the delay in arrival (after all, we're not entitled to it until the official UK availability date of 25 September), but the fact that theyve promised delivery on so many occasions, with me explaining exactly why i'm asking (citing the leave from work issue).

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You won't get it on Friday, I'm almost certain of that.

I dont think i will either unfortunately...I do wonder if UK Mail & O2 are just saying Friday to fob me off (which is very unlike O2, their customer service has been excellent up to now). Although i must say, the people I spoke to did sound is if they understood my concerns.

I've tried to see if i can get any info out of an O2 Guru who my cousin knows...

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So...ive just heard from my O2 Guru contact (via my cousin). Unfortunately, she cant help this week as theyre really busy with the "iSheep" (exactly her words). She'lll be happy to help, but can only do so next week. She did however say I should contact a number for O2 Gurus (apparently the number ends in 616). Ive not found this number yet, but will look and share if i find it.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thursday morning, and after not receiving a second "delayed" text yesterday like everyone else, today i receive two. This is despite UK Mail AND O2 saying yesterday it WILL be delivered...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well this will make you guys chuckle and just show you how inept O2 are. I mentioned this on another thread but will do the basics here

Preordered my 1020 through O2 online last Friday using my email login which is linked to my O2 log in. Order went through OK on O2 refresh with no charges.
When I checked in on my O2 log in it was still showing my 8X and was saying to go onto refresh I would have to pay ?380.
Got on O2 chat and they couldn't explain the error but suggested I phone up customer services and cancel the preorder.
Cancelled the preorder Friday afternoon and thought nothing of it
Monday morning I get the email and text saying my phone had been dispatched and to choose a delivery date. I picked Friday (tomorrow) but then got on the phone to O2 saying that I had cancelled the order why was a handset still being dispatched. Got assured that my order was cancelled.
Tuesday morning I get the bill through from O2 for my new handset. Get on the phone again and by now im quite annoyed. Im once again assured my order had been cancelled although I now have two contracts and two bills coming out on the same phone number.
This morning I get a confirmation from UK mail that my order will be dispatched between 8:30 and 12:30 tomorrow.
Have just booked the day off. If the phone gets delivered im taking it straight to my local O2 store. The call centres in India obviously haven't got a clue whats going on.

Im actually going to try and keep the 1020 and get my 8x contract cancelled as its been playing up a lot since the GDR2 update and is unusable most days. I think with all the messing about and errors on O2's end I should have a good case.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Called UK Mail (again), explained what's going on...the person i spoke couldn't say when the device would be delivered as its stuck at their sorting office in Birmingham. She said they could only say if itll arrive tomorrow, from 7am tomorrow morning.

Useless!! This is really frustrating!

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
We're all getting our phones next Wednesday. Someone made an error in allocating a despatch note and it's confusing both O2 and UK Mail. Whilst a sooner arrival would of course be lovely, it ain't happening guys.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We're all getting our phones next Wednesday. Someone made an error in allocating a despatch note and it's confusing both O2 and UK Mail. Whilst a sooner arrival would of course be lovely, it ain't happening guys.

You have proof of this??

Ive booked a day off for delivery tomorrow. Im on a daily rate as well so im losing ?300 for this day off. If you've got proof the deliveries wont happen tomorrow please post it.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You have proof of this??

Ive booked a day off for delivery tomorrow. Im on a daily rate as well so im losing ?300 for this day off. If you've got proof the deliveries wont happen tomorrow please post it.

Yeah im in the same boat as you. Booked off tomorrow, so will be pissed if it doesn't arrive as promised as ill then have to take off next week as well.

I suspect this is what has happened, i don't mind this, but O2/UK Mail (probably O2 as were all dealing with them) need to make us aware!

If anyone has evidence,,please share

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The only proof I have is from the phone chats I've had with O2 and UK Mail, both of whom said that it was down to a premature shipping order being produced. I'm also unaware of many instances of hardware being released before the launch date.

Having said that, this was just for my order, others may have slipped through the net I guess. Sod's law dictates that if you wait in all day for your 1020 it wont arrive. Go to work as planned and you'll have a courier's card waiting for you when you get home.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
UK Mail have finally admitted that O2 dispatched it early. Theyve confirmed this to me via DM on Twitter. I will post evidence in a min when i have a chance.

Basically, theyve only received an email from the O2 account manager confirming that it had been dispatched prematurely and would be held for delivery on Wednesday 25th.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
UK Mail previously told me that they had my order as well, I mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Basically O2 are lying to us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750