Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got:

Hello Mr XXXX YYYY,
Re: Order Number ms-#########
You'll be pleased to know that your order is on its way.
Your delivery details are:
Option: STANDARD DELIVERY
Cost: ?0.00

Time to get my hopes up again!
Al

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Annoyingly just got another text - looks like the accessory pack will be delivered tomorrow. If I had known that I would have delayed the phone delivery till tomorrow as well! Grr.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got the email and txt saying delivery is on for tomorrow. Hopefully it's just O2 recreating the order rather than a separate delivery for handset and accessories but as it's O2, who knows?

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Annoyingly just got another text - looks like the accessory pack will be delivered tomorrow. If I had known that I would have delayed the phone delivery till tomorrow as well! Grr.

So you've had two tracking codes? I assume one was for the phone and one was for the accessories?

Were you amongst those people who originally got a tracking code last week? If so, was that for the phone or accessories?

Sorry for many questions - just trying to work out if I'm waiting for two deliveries tomorrow!

Thanks,
Al

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like there are some major screw ups between retailers/resellers and distributors. AFAIK, the 1020 won't be shipping in the UK till the 27th. Seems crazy some people are getting messages that it'll be sooner and then still having to wait.

From UK release announcement to date of dispatch, the 1020 has been horribly managed.

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like there are some major screw ups between retailers/resellers and distributors. AFAIK, the 1020 won't be shipping in the UK till the 27th. Seems crazy some people are getting messages that it'll be sooner and then still having to wait.

From UK release announcement to date of dispatch, the 1020 has been horribly managed.

O2 has always said the 25th, so maybe they had an exclusive on the delivery date.

So you've had two tracking codes? I assume one was for the phone and one was for the accessories?

Were you amongst those people who originally got a tracking code last week? If so, was that for the phone or accessories?

Sorry for many questions - just trying to work out if I'm waiting for two deliveries tomorrow!

Thanks,
Al

I've been given two tracking codes too but only the most recent one is recognised by UK mail. I'm assuming I'll get both the phone and accessories at the same time.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Is this your first Nokia phone? They ALWAYS do this!
The title of this thread is misleading as the release date was never the 12th, the twitter link shows that it hints at further news as a lot of us predicted the 12th was the day they would announce the release date. This is classic Nokia and something long term fanboys like myself are used to.
Going to the shop to pick one up tomorrow, I loved my 808 Pureview and I've missed the awesome camera on my 920. Bring it on!

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Email from O2 and text from UKMail giving a delivery slot tomorrow, about 30 secs after the email my iPhone 5, lost data ability but as the 1020 is replacing the iPhone And taking over its phone number it ironically bodes well, we shall see what tomorrow brings!

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Delivery date set for tomoz with phones 4 u. Just received e-mail from DPD saying there delivering it tomoz. ��.

I just called them and they told me that they are getting stock in tomorrow and that it should be shipped tomorrow.
hmmm........ mine is an upgrade so will be shipped via Royal mail. fingers crossed I get an email confirming shipping soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)