Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to check...

- is thetroublewith the only person (on here) who pre-ordered with O2 to have received his device today?
- Has everyone (including thetroublewith) who pre-ordered with O2 now got two UK Mail consignment numbers?
- If you have a second UK Mail consignment number, do you have any updates (status-wise) on the original one?

Just trying to see if everyone is in the same boat now.

I pre-ordered with O2 and got 2 consignment numbers. The first one I got on the 16th Sept isn't recognised by UK Mail, the second I got today and the online tracker says it's been collected.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been given a new consignment number in a text by UK mail for delivery tomorrow which I have rearranged for collection. Im not losing another days money on the off chance it gets delayed again. I have also received a message from O2 with my new mobile number for the 1020.

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
New consignment number, status 'collected' and delivery slated for tomorrow. The status of the old consignment number is 'complete' .

Last edited:

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to check...

First consignment number received 16/9 for delivery 17/9. Still says status is "delivery rearranged by recipient" for 19/9 and last status is "delayed".

Second consignment number received 24/9 for delivery 25/9. Status is "collected".

I guess we'll just have to see what turns up tomorrow...

Al

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to check...

I've got a different consignment number for the delivery, the accessory pack, which is due tomorrow (which I can't take another day off to sign for, annoyingly!)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is this your first Nokia phone? They ALWAYS do this!
The title of this thread is misleading as the release date was never the 12th, the twitter link shows that it hints at further news as a lot of us predicted the 12th was the day they would announce the release date. This is classic Nokia and something long term fanboys like myself are used to.
Going to the shop to pick one up tomorrow, I loved my 808 Pureview and I've missed the awesome camera on my 920. Bring it on!

Pretty much always used Nokia but this has been my first pre-order experience of any phone let alone Nokia.

Like you, I really miss my 808 and the 920 (as good as a phone as it is) has felt kinda average in comparison when it comes to the camera.

I cannot wait to get the 1020 in my hands!!

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Getting pretty fed up with mine, apparently o2 (or UKMail, neither seem to know what's going on) have lost my handset.

Also got the 2nd tracking number today, so we'll see what arrives tomorrow...

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
pretty excited to be getting my yellow 64gb tomorrow i know its only a phone but gonna have trouble sleeping , my order has been smooth , ordered 19th , got an email today with tracking number and new phone number ........ phone is due tomorrow between 7am and 11am wooooohooooo :)

cant wait :) already got me screen protectors and hoping the extras all come together with it :)

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Getting pretty fed up with mine, apparently o2 (or UKMail, neither seem to know what's going on) have lost my handset.

Also got the 2nd tracking number today, so we'll see what arrives tomorrow...

YEah, i got the same idea. initially O2 it was dispatched to UK MAil, so called UK MAil, who said package for first consignment no was never received from O2.

Called O2 back, person i spoke to was going to contact UK Mail, but while on hold I had signal lose, so call got dropped.

Called O2 back, so to another guy, who was helpful (or appeared to be). He too contactd UK Mail (apparently) and got back to me saying the new consignment number is correct, old one has been cancelled. Also that the new consignment no contained BOTH the handset AND accessory pack.

EDIT (at 23:11): its now getting more interesting...i now have three (Yeas, THREE!) consignment numbers showing up on UK Mail when i use my O2 Order No as Reference Number:

- One is still "Delayed" but at the same time was expected to be delivered today (this is the original one, originally scheduled for 17th, which i delayed to 20th)
- One was "Collected" at 13:28 today, and is scheduled for delivery between 13:30 - 17:30 on the 25th (tomorrow)
- One was "Collected" at 19:22 this evening and is expected to be delivered on the 25th (tomorrow), with no timeframe specified.

No email was received from O2 or text from UK Mail about the 19:22 consignment...

I guess the 19:22 is probably the handset which shouldve been in the first consignment number, which right up til this evening UK Mail claimed they had not yet received from O2.

I still only have two consignment numbers listed along side my order on MyO2

Anyway, looks like i could be all set for tomorrow. Hopefully it all gets sorted...

Ill keep you all ppsted

Last edited:

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
EDIT (at 23:11): its now getting more interesting...i now have three (Yeas, THREE!) consignment numbers showing up on UK Mail when i use my O2 Order No as Reference Number:

- One is still "Delayed" but at the same time was expected to be delivered today (this is the original one, originally scheduled for 17th, which i delayed to 20th)
- One was "Collected" at 13:28 today, and is scheduled for delivery between 13:30 - 17:30 on the 25th (tomorrow)
- One was "Collected" at 19:22 this evening and is expected to be delivered on the 25th (tomorrow), with no timeframe specified.

I have the same now. I wish I'd known before that I could search with the O2 order reference on UK Mail! Thanks for that info.

This is much more promising ... two deliveries with status 'collected' and expected deliveries tomorrow, one with an AM timeframe and one with no timeframe, but I can't see them sending the van out twice to the same address so they should arrive at the same time.

I think I might have my 1020 tomorrow night ... shame I'm working early AND late the next three days. Will have to have a proper play at the weekend.

Al

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I now have three consignments, one complete, one collected and one awaiting collection. Looks promising.

I'd resigned myself to not getting this tomorrow, now I'll probably struggle to sleep. I've never looked forward to getting a phone as much as this one.

Last edited:

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know you can search like that!

I have 3 now - the original "Delayed" one due on the 18th, and 2 more that were collected today due delivery tomorrow.

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The two that aren't marked as 'delayed' are now marked as 'out for delivery'... :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte