Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
preordered via 02 on 24th 4pm, arrived on 25th 3pm. Slightly bigger and more squared off then I thought compared to my galaxy nexus.
Love the bright display, battery life, camera grip and obviously the camera is really good too.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Heads-up:
  • The O2 64GB comes with 4G set as the highest network speed so if you're not in a 4G area you may wish to switch it to 3G to save it searching for a 4G network. Nice to know it's enabled for when I stick the PAYG Three SIM in when I'm in a 4G area. Has anyone checked if the O2 version is locked to O2 yet?
Al

O2 (on contract) phone is locked. I've tried a three sim. you can have it unlocked for free via O2 site (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%3DHandset%2BUnlocking%2BForm&token=UB121YCl)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Still no 1020 here. I pre-ordered in 13th September, the day the pre-order was opened at 8.30am.

Called UK Mail and apparently they have a package on a van for me today. Fingers crossed.

I've submitted an official complaint to O2, I'll let you all know how I get on.

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine and accessories, luckily all of the accessories are black like the handset. Still need to sort out the issue of being billed early!

I just sorted out the airtime credit for eight days service via the live chat on the O2 website. Should be credited to my next bill apparently.

Al

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I'm looking at O2 deals.
I don't need more than 600 mins and some data...
Best I can find is:
1) 3g, 600 mins, 750MB = ?12/month
2) Refresh contract = ?99 now + ?480 (24X15) = ?579
3) Plus cashback of around ?50 from quidco/topcashback for a new contract.
So basically ?529 for handset (+ accesssories), and ?12/month for 600 mins and poorish data.
Anyone care to suggest how they've done better?

This is what I would do to get the Lumia 1020 from O2:

1, Go via Quidco (?50 cash back at the moment)

2. Select the 3G tariff (600mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data) at ?12.00 a month

3. Pay ?99 up front for the phone, leaving ?20 a month over 24 months

4. When you receive the phone fill this form in to get it unlocked free: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%3DHandset%2BUnlocking%2BForm&token=fjNwfjdK

5. Then call O2 customer support within 7 days to cancel your airtime contract and at this point they will ask you to pay remaining of the phone contract (?20 * 24) by credit or debit card

If everything goes well you should have an unlocked 64MB Lumia 1020 ( with accessories) for ?530

Has only tried this yet and did it work?

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is finally here, just the phone though, no accessories yet. I've just opened it and I'm very impressed at the build quality. Looking forward to getting home and having a play.

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
P4U still haven't shipped mine!!!! :(
It looks like Monday for me as I still haven't got an email to confirm dispatch even though my order has been accepted on the system :(

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Has only tried this yet and did it work?

it will work ...... with o2 refresh once you pay off the handset cost you are free to terminate your contract , keep air time ticking over , choose another phone and start again ..... this is what o2 told me and this is whats in the terms and conditions

so youd get the phone , apply for o2 to unlock it for free , when you get unlock code speak to o2 , tell them you wish to pay off your phone plan and terminate the air time and think about what you want to do for mins and txts , youll have an unlocked 64gb 1020 and not tied to contracts ;-) o2 refresh is for phone junkies and iphone users that want to upgrade every year ;-)

i rung an operator and was shocked to find once i pay my phone plan i can get another phone plan and the air time starts again with the phone plan its a great scheme

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I did check out some reviews and there were plenty of positive ones too. It was the same for Clove...some terrible ones mixed in with the good ones but as I mentioned in my previous post, a technical error on the Clove website prevented me from ordering with them.

Most people with any reasonable amount of patience would have just waited but not me :)

Anyway, just checked the t&c's for Expansys and it mentions a pre-authorization of funds which is most likely what has happened. I've sent them an email to query it and will give them a call tomorrow to double check.

Still haven't got a reply from my email but I called them anyway and they confirmed the pre-authorisation of the funds. Fair enough I suppose.

They dealt with all my other questions in a very reasonable and professional fashion too so can't complain too much...yet!

Techanoid

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from Clove yesterday saying my Lumia 1020 has dispatched, so I was all excited.
Now I've just woke up and received another email from Clove confirming it was dispatched yesterday but also stating that the accessory bundle wasn't sent with it due to them not being supplied by Nokia in all black as stated, and that they where in the colours as follows, Black camera grip, white charging plate and yellow cover.
They state that if it's ok in those colours to let them know, if not then they will be receiving replacements from Nokia in black and will be posting around 9th/10th October.
So good news I'm getting my phone today.
Bad news, the accessory bundle won't be here for about 2 weeks. 😡
Which as someone who's trying out this looking to move across from an iPhone 5, this isn't a good start Nokia.

Last edited:

Techanoid

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
shame clove didnt contact you before shipping out to check if it was ok.

That would have certainly helped because although I still would like all black accessories, I would have also ordered some extras for next day delivery elsewhere, so they'd be here today with the phone, so I could try out the whole package.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ya, can't believe they shipped all their stock out before emailing us with the bad news. Worse still is that the email said "If however you are happy to take the accessories in the colours above then you can email us and we will ship the current bundle to you immediately (we are unable to select other colours)" but when I replied to them, within minutes, asking for the in-stock colors to be dispatched I was told they couldn't as they had shipped the accessories back to Nokia already. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb