Can't get past gears on my 928, bricked?

Wolfeman

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was having some speaker issues on my phone so Verizon told me to do a hard reset. I let it run all night on spinning gears on the charger and nothing. I've done a ton of soft resets. I try to get into the exclamation point screen but when I hold power down on reboot the Nokia logo comes up and it flashes for a second and then reboots to the Nokia logo. It seems like even though I had it on the charger all night there isn't much battery life. Is there anything else I can try?

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me once...

Make sure the phone is charged...

Hold power and volume down together...

If you get the gear screen again, try...

Volume up, then
volume down, then
Power, then
Volume down

The phone should reboot and get past the gear screen. If still no luck, and you know it's charged. . . probably time to call customer service for a warranty replacement :-/

Wolfeman

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me once...

Make sure the phone is charged...

Hold power and volume down together...

If you get the gear screen again, try...

Volume up, then
volume down, then
Power, then
Volume down

The phone should reboot and get past the gear screen. If still no luck, and you know it's charged. . . probably time to call customer service for a warranty replacement :-/

So at the gears screen you do the power up, down, etc?

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So at the gears screen you do the power up, down, etc?

Yep. When it reboots to the gear screen after you've held down power and vol. down, then you do the up, down, power, down thing -- like an old school super nintendo cheat code.

It actually worked for me (I didn't discover this -- I saw it on some obscure tech blog). Figured it might be worth a shot...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos