Poor resolution at low brightness levels

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a replacement phone, and one of the only issues this one is having is poor screen resolution. At low and medium brightness, textured pixels (don't know how else to describe it) can clearly be seen, as well as other little things. For instance, if I slide up my phone to unlock, the Vibrate symbol can be seen burned into the start screen background for about a half a second; when I'm messaging and the keyboard is expanded, to the left of the text box, you can see an outline of the text box (where you're typing the message) in the body of the conversation. Further, there are numerous little black lines running through my tiles. All of this disappears at "high" brightness, and happens on either light or dark theme.

It's extremely ugly, and I don't want to go through another replacement. Does anyone else have this issue? The phone I got is brand new, out of box, and my other one had the same problem about 2 weeks in.

Thanks.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Verizon Wireless right now, I'm just going to have them send me a replacement. If the replacement is better than my old one, I'll ship it out. Don't even care at this point, so numb.

EDIT* So they can't replace it for me since it was purchased at an authorized dealer. I heard something different when I called Verizon back when my first phone was messed up. Seems nobody knows the proper drill. Just going to suck it up because going to the store I bought it at is a huge hassle.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6