Just Pre-Ordered my 1020

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It feels like Christmas. :smile:

I just pre-ordered my black 1020 64GB with a free camera grip, wireless shell, wireless charger and tripod.

For those in the UK, O2 released the pre-orders today.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
No upfront payment and ?42 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 1gb of data.

It starts at ?37 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The concept of 2 year contracts does not work over here, we have sim free phones available everywhere, but boy am interested in 64GB version of 1020.
Only if it was made available in USA, it'd have been cheaper :)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The concept of 2 year contracts does not work over here, we have sim free phones available everywhere, but boy am interested in 64GB version of 1020.
Only if it was made available in USA, it'd have been cheaper :)

Although it's a 2 year contract you can pay it off at any time. It's split into a credit agreement for the phone and an airtime contract. If you want to upgrade you simply pay off the phone and the airtime contract starts again.

I paid off my 925 to upgrade and the contract was only 2 months old.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Although it's a 2 year contract you can pay it off at any time. It's split into a credit agreement for the phone and an airtime contract. If you want to upgrade you simply pay off the phone and the airtime contract starts again.

Nah, I prefer to keep it simple and stay pre-pay, I spend not more than $150 a year (About 10-20 or so a month) (that too in worst cases) to topup my phone periodically, sometimes nothing in an entire month :p. The thought of paying that kind of money every month sends shivers down my spines, the cost of electronics is less in USA/Singapore compared to UK, even resale value people ask is a bit higher in UK,I guess 64GB 1020 has to wait before I can get one.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have to do that - Had my 8x since October - didn't mention anything about paying that off.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have to do that - Had my 8x since October - didn't mention anything about paying that off.

My 925 was also on a refresh contract though so maybe it works differently. I now have a 925 to sell though, so that's maybe ?300-?320 coming my way.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My 925 was also on a refresh contract though so maybe it works differently. I now have a 925 to sell though, so that's maybe ?300-?320 coming my way.

Wow, thats a bomb considering one can buy a new for that amount of money over here, you might wanna post it in the forum marketplace :).
I like the 925 except for its lack of memory part.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh dear - O2 website is pants - my log in email isn't properly linked for some reason so going to have to cancel my preorder as my main account is telling me I would have to pay ?386 to go on O2 refresh :crying:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its a glitch in O2 website. When you create an online account they give you a username. They then give you the option to link it to your email address to make the login easier to remember. That link is broken on my account. Their website sees my number linked to 2 separate accounts. One has my phone and contract details on the other doesn't. So basically what i have just managed to do was start a brand new contract with the same phone number

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 phones one on an O2 contract and one with EE so every year I get a new phone and give the old one to gf. Anyways I remember all the debacle of EE pricing for the 920 a year ago as the cost was crazy. I now want the 1020 and as im due for an upgrade next month thought id ring O2 to see whats what. Right now im paying ?26 a month with O2 and want to pay the same. Their answer? no loyalty and no discounts, so the proce for 4G is as bad as it was on EE - 3g is not much better. I wanted to get it now as the accessories bundle is attractive, I hope its available in a month, meh I might just wait till Nov and get Xbox one Surface Pro 2 and see what 1020 price plans are.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its a glitch in O2 website. When you create an online account they give you a username. They then give you the option to link it to your email address to make the login easier to remember. That link is broken on my account. Their website sees my number linked to 2 separate accounts. One has my phone and contract details on the other doesn't. So basically what i have just managed to do was start a brand new contract with the same phone number

Nice, I learnt a new word, so whenever someone will irritate me I'll say, "Dude, you're pants" :p.

But honestly I feel you should ring up O2 and tell them about it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haha not sure that would work. In the UK "pants" would just mean not very good. Not sure you could apply it to a person. Its just a less offensive way of saying something is sh*t

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Haha not sure that would work. In the UK "pants" would just mean not very good. Not sure you could apply it to a person. Its just a less offensive way of saying something is sh*t

Found this somewhere :p
Anglo-vs-EU-480x640.jpg

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
bahh i couldnt wait lol..just pre ordered from Phones4u in the UK, good deal (I think)...

Lumia 1020 in white 32gb on Vodafone
4G unlimited min/txt
normally 2gb data but they give extra 4gb as a bonus so 6gb data
Free accessories (wireless plate, charger, grip, tripod)
Free wireless speaker (normally ?120)

?49.99 for the phone and ?38 a month

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well heres a new development - after calling O2 and cancelling my preorder for the 1020 on Friday due to the error and mix up on the website I get the email and text today saying your phone is ready for dispatch. Looks like I am getting a 1020 after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)