Just Pre-Ordered my 1020

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Quick tip -

Some of the agents at O2 are not that wise on the 1020 - you can call them up and get them to price match the Vodafone deal on phones4u - they wont realise its 64gb v 32gb :) I could have done it but the extra accessories (free speaker) and the fact I have 107gb skydrive is enough for me and O2 don't do it in white..yet.

You can also see if you can get them to price match the 4g O2 to the 3G Vodafone - might work ;)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Quick tip -

Some of the agents at O2 are not that wise on the 1020 - you can call them up and get them to price match the Vodafone deal on phones4u - they wont realise its 64gb v 32gb :) I could have done it but the extra accessories (free speaker) and the fact I have 107gb skydrive is enough for me and O2 don't do it in white..yet.

You can also see if you can get them to price match the 4g O2 to the 3G Vodafone - might work ;)

Do they hire school children for these jobs lol?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick tip -

That's what you get with an Indian call centre.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That's what you get with an Indian call centre.

I had worked for 2 months in a Dell Call Centre (US Customers), their policy was simple keep the customers happy as Michael Dell doesn't mind firing 1 employee for 1 policy breach, some customers even picked a fight with a chat reps over stupid things (never with me, i was lucky), the team supervisor offered a free pen drive or something stupid to calm the customer down. Pretty sure O2 ain't any different, I'm not sure where is the O2 call centre in Mumbai, but if O2 was to keep the call centre jobs in UK, it'd have burned too much money in wages, the typical wage of a call centre guy is GBP 80-100 a month, no kidding and the work timings are siht as they need to follow UK timezone (we are 5.5 aheadof UK), and take that cost of employment in UK, am sure it'd be GBP 4-5 an hour which turns to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week which is GBP 640 a month (4 GBP an hour). Now imagine having an army of 100 employees, GBP 8000 a month or GBP 64000 a month, which is more profitable to O2?

The worst department to work is 'retention', where you promise customers the moon so they don't leave your network, some people came from '3' to Dell, and were telling takes of how people in UK would have to lean out of the window to get signal etc :p and the things retention promised them to keep them in the loop.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They have a nmber of call centres in india and in the uk, the chap i spoke with was at the UK hq in Slough. Retentions is the default place to go to for any sales or issues as they have the power to give you a good deal. Roll on the 25th!

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
bahh i couldnt wait lol..just pre ordered from Phones4u in the UK, good deal (I think)...

Lumia 1020 in white 32gb on Vodafone
4G unlimited min/txt
normally 2gb data but they give extra 4gb as a bonus so 6gb data
Free accessories (wireless plate, charger, grip, tripod)
Free wireless speaker (normally ?120)

?49.99 for the phone and ?38 a month

I have also pre ordered from phones4u, Black one on Vodafone ?29 then ?38 a month, but I am not getting the wireless charger as I did not go for a 4G plan will get the accessory pack and 6 months Netflix.

Don't know when I will get it the guy said up to 5 days from it becoming available. He said I would get an email when it is dispatched.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If your paying ?38 a month then pay an extra ?20 for phone and get 4g - u get Netflix or sky for 6 months with that too as well as a free wireless speaker and 6 gb data (they give 4 free) its not too late just call them and change the plan - delivery is 25th/26th :)

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
If your paying ?38 a month then pay an extra ?20 for phone and get 4g - u get Netflix or sky for 6 months with that too as well as a free wireless speaker and 6 gb data (they give 4 free) its not too late just call them and change the plan - delivery is 25th/26th :)

i am upgrading my second contract so i won't be using the 1020 on this line my wife will be using her iphone 4 so that is why I did not go for 4g, would her iphone still work if i did what you have suggested?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
yep - you can put a 4g card in 3g phone or 3g card in 4g phone and it will work. I did same my gf has a 3g phone and I put a 4g card in her phone without problem. Your both on same network right? else u may have to get 1020 unlocked or hers unlocked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb