Field to select LTE, 4g, 3g, etc

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to change the network? IN the old days, you could dial up a code and it would take you to a field test screen i think and you can choose which network to use. Can you do it now? using this on ATT now. Want to change to 4g-hspa all the time.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
but you can try

If not blocked by AT&T, then

dial ##3282#
accept
hit "..."
settings
network type - change here 2g and 3g are only listed for me.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Its back ! The dial code works again. The recent update on the 920 took it away.

The issue I was having was that internet on lte no longer works even with 5 lte bars. Att couldn't figure it out after making me change Sims resetting all this crap.

Only way or works is being on hspa. After 5 920 swaps. Now I need my first 1020 swap. I think I'm done with Nokia. Going iphone bros :(

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The issue I was having was that internet on lte no longer works even with 5 lte bars. Att couldn't figure it out after making me change Sims resetting all this crap.

Only way or works is being on hspa. After 5 920 swaps. Now I need my first 1020 swap. I think I'm done with Nokia. Going iphone bros :(

My wife was having odd issues with phone and data settings. She went through two replacement Samsung Galaxy S3's and two replacement HTC One models before she has settled on a third HTC One that mostly works better. And we have swapped out SIM cards, swapped phones between each other and could never figure out why the phones worked better on my line / SIM card compared to her own.

Now, this is where it gets weird.

She has had the same thing happen with Verizon and Sprint prior to coming to AT&T. Different carriers, different networks and different phones. I can?t remember a time when I wasn?t replacing her phone because of network issues. And no, I?m not knowingly commiting fraud nor is my wife. I figure since my wife has a magnetic personality that she?s messing with the internals on these devices and they stop working right after a few months. While your case isn?t as extreme as her?s, it should serve as an example of a case where it isn?t the user or the network and just a case of bad luck. (Or divine intervention, electromagnetic fields and gremlins.)

Right now I would rather sit through a marathon of Real Housewives of ______________, where I wasn?t able to leave my chair for a solid month than go back to Android. iOS I would be willing to try, but I like the ecosystem I have with Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12